Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Tourism Boost For Silent Valley Welcomed  (Read 4467 times)

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Tourism Boost For Silent Valley Welcomed
« on: March 21, 2012 »

Newcastle Alliance Councillor Patrick Clarke has welcomed the opening of enhanced tourist facilities at Silent Valley Mountain Park outside Newcastle.

Tourism Minister Arlene Foster attended the opening of the tourist redevelopment scheme at the Silent Valley Reservoir situated in the Mournes Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on Wednesday 14th March. Silent Valley reservoir is now recognised as one of Northern Ireland's popular visitor attractions.

Cllr Clarke stated: "I welcome the recent redevelopment scheme completed at Silent Valley Mountain Park outside Newcastle of the new enhanced tourist facilities which were officially opened on Wednesday 14th March.
http://www.build.ie/construction_news.asp?newsid=141517

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
Re: Tourism Boost For Silent Valley Welcomed
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012 »

there's no mention of what these enhanced tourist facilities are  ???
think outside, no box required

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012 »

there's no mention of what these enhanced tourist facilities are  ???

"The new tourist facilities, which now have improved walks; an interactive display in the visitor centre; upgraded car parking and amenities; as well as new signage and public art will help further stimulate increased tourism and enhance the local rural economy."

Personally... I can hardly contain myself... The anticipation of getting to play on the interactive display has me well excited.  Anybody know what time the Centre opens in the morning?  In fact, I'm gonna go up there now and camp outside the gates so that I'm at the front of the queue!!!

Touch of sarcasm there, just in case you missed it  ;) 
If You don't Climb the Mountain, You can't
See the View

Kayakgirl

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012 »

Lol

Stress dissolves when exposed to water..

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012 »

its the upgraded car parking that sold it to me, now what do you think i should expect to find when i get there, multistorey car park so we don't get wet walking from our cars? valet parking? get your car serviced while you walk the hills?   8)

think outside, no box required

whoRya

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012 »

"The new tourist facilities, which now have improved walks; an interactive display in the visitor centre; upgraded car parking and amenities; as well as new signage and public art will help further stimulate increased tourism and enhance the local rural economy."

Personally... I can hardly contain myself... The anticipation of getting to play on the interactive display has me well excited.  Anybody know what time the Centre opens in the morning?  In fact, I'm gonna go up there now and camp outside the gates so that I'm at the front of the queue!!!

Ach you're just becoming a grumpy old git.  It does have the attraction kids would love the most, big grassy hills to roll down.
"Not all those who wander are lost."

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012 »

Ach you're just becoming a grumpy old git.  It does have the attraction kids would love the most, big grassy hills to roll down.

The closer I get to 40 the grumpier I seem to get... Anyone know where I can get a flat cap at the right price???

:-[
If You don't Climb the Mountain, You can't
See the View

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]