Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: folbot super Tandem Super Folding  (Read 6439 times)

salysol

• Newbie Poster
folbot super Tandem Super Folding
« on: July 13, 2012 »

I am offering this canoe on here for €200, as i reckon there may be some one on here who would have an interest in taking it on.
It's a Folbot Tandem Super Folding circa early 80s,the skin is good with 1 small tear on the nose top and 1 small hole on the keel outer skin ,both easy fix,the frame is intact apart from 1 rod thats broke, it will need frames made and seats,shouldn't be hard,just waiting on the traces of them from folbot.
Some of the stitching has come apart on the top but a good sail maker should be able to re stitch it.
If you are familiar with these boats you will be aware that you can mount a mast and sail plus a rudder,or an outboard,these are ideal for the sea,it's just over 17' in length and around 3' wide i would imagine the draught to be about 6".
If you have any interest let me know,if not it doesn't matter as i will probably get stuck into it in a few years time,mind you i said that 12 years ago.
I would like to see this go to a keen enthusiast who knows these boats and can do it justice.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012 by salysol »

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
Re: folbot super Tandem Super Folding
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012 »

Hmmm i wonder who might be interestd in this ......   ::)
think outside, no box required

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012 »

Hmmm, I wonder too..?  Actually, what am I saying... its ME!!! I would bite your arm off for a crack at restoring this and putting it to good use.

Salysol, If your looking a new home, and a bit of TLC for this Folbot then give me a shout.  This was my last project: http://www.ni-wild.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2481.0

8)

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012 by Dowser »
If You don't Climb the Mountain, You can't
See the View

salysol

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012 »

Hmmm, I wonder too..?  Actually, what am I saying... its ME!!! I would bite your arm off for a crack at restoring this and putting it to good use.

Salysol, If your looking a new home, and a bit of TLC for this Folbot then give me a shout.  This was my last project: http://www.ni-wild.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2481.0

8)
Hi Dowser, i probably should have worded my advertisement a little better, i meant to put a price ahead of offering it,but failed to notice it till now.
 I bought this about 12 years ago for £250  i'm afraid i can't give it away as i have to recover some of the initial cost,so if i was offered €200 by an enthusiast like yourself then it will be sold.
You did a very good job on the canadian, i like the lifting keel,farly unique, when i was making canadians i used to have the odd person who wanted a transom ,or a camouflage gelcoat finish, i think i still have a mold for that model in the boat yard,must have a look next time i'm there,i have a few different canadian molds.

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012 »

250  :o

When I read your first post, before you edited it, I thought you were having a clear out and this was free to a good home.

It sounds like it needs a lot of work before it would be sea worthy.

I'll pass this time

8)
If You don't Climb the Mountain, You can't
See the View

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]