Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DO NOT USE PROTECT YOUR BUBBLE INSURANCE  (Read 22693 times)

Rusty Madra

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Sr. Poster
  • HAS CLIMBED WITH NI WILD
    • HikersBlog.co.uk

Hey Guys,

If anyone is using Protect Your Bubble Insurance for any of their gadgets think again.

I had my phone stolen recently and reported it immediately. For the last week I've been in daily contact multiple times with Protect Your Bubble and all they have done is try to throw loopholes at me so they don't replace the phone: each one having to be argued about, emails, phone calls and scanning documents off to them. It's ridiculous!

So be warned! .... I am also aware that big companies use programmes to scan the internet for chat about their company. I've told them that if they don't replace it I'm gonna give them hell so hopefully they come across this post and do the right thing.

If not I'm gonna keep going with the bad publicity

Rusty
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017 by Rusty Madra »
If you're thinking... "wait this might be a bit dangerous".... you're probably on the way to a good adventure!

Lisa

• Newbie Poster
  • A Breath Of Fresh Air
Re: DO NOT USE PROTECT YOUR BUBBLE INSURANCE
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012 »

Typical yet another insurance company with no costumer service whatsoever!

I hope everything works out Rusty! Good luck!

Lisa

fatty-arbuckle

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012 »

Same here, I used Protect your bubble and then tried to claim for a broken lens - they squirmed out of it, and had it not been for home contents insurance I would have been seriously out of pocket.

It wasn't even a case of "read the small print"

Never again

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012 »

They treat you like your a con, it seems to me like they always think your pulling the wool over there eyes. So whats the point of insureance ???
The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012 »

This is a good post.

I'm now on to my third Lumix LX-5  :- and was considering Protect your Bubble because I've heard them advertising again recently. 

After reading this I'll not waste my time with them.  I've had the same issues a few times with other companies and it has always left me feeling very bitter.  If they do pay out on your claim then your premium is doubled or tripled the next year and the claim info goes on a central database, so you can't just shop about and not declare a previous claim.

After losing the first LX-5 my house insurance went from £20 per month to £60 so in the long run I have ended up out of pocket big time.

Gadget insurance and similar is a waste of time... the companies are like bookies, they never lose.

The only time claiming is worth while is if your house has burnt to the ground  ???  Other than that they will shaft you every time with Excess, Small Print, New for Old (But not accounting for technology progressing) and increased future premiums.

OK, rant over but to cut a long story short I will never insure individual items and gadgets again.  I'll just be more careful and if I lose one I'll save up and foot the bill for a new one :'(
If You don't Climb the Mountain, You can't
See the View

FlapJack

• Top Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012 »

All insurance companies are the devil ;D
“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.”

Mourneman

• Hero Poster
    • artist rising
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012 »

Agreed with Dowser on this issue,good post rusty,insurance companies are a big joke,anybody gadgets I buy are always through Argos & I usually take out the three years " whatever happens " policy which is an instant replacement on the spot,which I've used more than once,now the policy for my  recent camera was 46.00 for three years insurance,& if you spend over £140.00 you get £15.00 voucher which you can use on the insurance now costing £31.oo fort three years,also I've always found the staff very friendly & no questions asked

whoRya

• Hero Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012 »

It takes a bit of discipline but has anyone considered self insurance? Set up a standing order into a savings account for an amount equivalent to the amount of the extra insurance/ extended warranty etc. treat yourself
 At the end of the year if you haven't dipped into it.
"Not all those who wander are lost."

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012 »

It takes a bit of discipline but has anyone considered self insurance? Set up a standing order into a savings account for an amount equivalent to the amount of the extra insurance/ extended warranty etc. treat yourself
 At the end of the year if you haven't dipped into it.

Standing Order set up already  :D
See the View

Rich.H

• Hero Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012 »

Most private gadget/phone insurance is worthless for things like stolen phones. When you check the small print you pretty much need to have either had armed men break into your home, or be mugged at knife point in the street (obviously with the relavent police reports). Stolen at a party, your bag/pocket, at a friends/work, or your car (unless it was in a safe under the seat with blacked out windows in batmans secret lair) all are not covered by most if any insurance firms.

Personally I always just take out the very basic level insurance that covers lost/damaged and nothing more (note this level often doesn't cover water damage) then if anything ever happens I either report it lost or take a large hammer to it and report it dropped. Tis like playing the fiddle with the devil if you play fair you will always lose.

FlapJack

• Top Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012 »

thanks for posting this, i have no respect for insurance companies anyway and will avoid this crowd of cowboys even if they do pay up, their treatment of you is unacceptable.
“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.”

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012 »

Interesting reading here.  Once you get past the first couple of contradictory paragraphs it goes on to prove just how bad Protect your Bubble is:

http://www.metareviews.co.uk/protect-your-bubble-review/

"Once we knew the phone had definately disappeared and was not going to show up we contacted O2 to block it and having spoken to the police and the police having spoken to the other people at the party, we got our crime reference number and called Protect Your Bubble this morning. Well surprise surprise, they wont pay out. Because we called our service provider 1 hour later than it says in the small print!"

:-[
See the View

Ed

• Hero Poster
  • Bally up!
    • HikersBlog
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012 »

SquareTrade

That is all. The reviews speak for themselves.
http://www.hikersblog.co.uk
"In the ni-wild militant wing a tent is now considered glamping" - RustyMadra
Team Bivvy!

Rusty Madra

• Sr. Poster
  • HAS CLIMBED WITH NI WILD
    • HikersBlog.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012 »

It might have worked  :) .... Got a call from a quite polite Customer Complaints lady who took the bull by the horns and within 30min of speaking to her she phoned back saying a new phone was being dispatched and they'd waive the excess fee (£80) ..... I'll let you all know if / when it lands at my doorstep!
If you're thinking... "wait this might be a bit dangerous".... you're probably on the way to a good adventure!

Lisa

• Newbie Poster
  • A Breath Of Fresh Air
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012 »

It might have worked  :) .... Got a call from a quite polite Customer Complaints lady who took the bull by the horns and within 30min of speaking to her she phoned back saying a new phone was being dispatched and they'd waive the excess fee (£80) ..... I'll let you all know if / when it lands at my doorstep!

Thats great news! so is this new phone completely free of charge?

Well done!

Lisa :)
Pages: [1] 2

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]