Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Indoor Climbing Wall Course  (Read 16124 times)

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Indoor Climbing Wall Course
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010 »

Is good for me too

MG1

• Hero Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010 »

Good for me too
If you die with all your parts working your not trying hard enough!

bill2rhino

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010 »

when do we start?

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010 »

when do we start?

I e-mailed the guy who organises the courses back to say we are all good for Tuesdays 6.30 - 8pm so just waiting on him getting back with a start date. Hoping it will be in next couple of weeks but will post up as soon as I hear anything.

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010 »

Do you know if we need to pay in advance or just weekly? Also what's our minimum number?

when do we start?

I e-mailed the guy who organises the courses back to say we are all good for Tuesdays 6.30 - 8pm so just waiting on him getting back with a start date. Hoping it will be in next couple of weeks but will post up as soon as I hear anything.

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010 »

Will find out about payment, honestly not sure yet.  Minimum group size is 6, and I'm waiting to hear back if there is a maximum group size.  I think we are okay for the 6 at least, even if some body can't make it.

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010 »

Bit of an update on this guys.  I have been speaking to Paul from Mountaineering Ireland who I believe arranges the coaching, and Michael who is the Assistant Manager at Ozone.  The general consensus is that it’s probably a bit too far into the current block of dates to start up a new class for us at the moment.  Basically we would only get to do 4-5 classes rather than the full 6.

The next block of classes are due to start first week in June, and they are happy to reserve the Tuesday 6.30pm – 8pm slot for us which would be the 1st June.  I don’t know how this date works for everyone, but I guess it would give the CMD Arete folks a chance to get that trip done and dusted first.

There is one thing we need to sort out though.  Michael says they will put the class on to their booking system from 16th May.  Normally for a private group booking they would expect the full amount paid up front in advance.  I explained this isn’t really practical for us as we aren’t always available to meet up at the same time.  The course cost for an adult is £58.50 which includes hire of the gear and 6x 1 ½ classes.  We basically have three options:

1.   Everyone who wants to go meets up at the Ozone week commencing 16th May and pays together.  We would need to do this at the same time.

2.   Anyone who wants to go forwards a cheque to me for the full amount.  The cheque is made payable to Ozone and I deliver all the cheques to them to pay off the course in one go.  That way no one needs to worry about me legging it with your hard earned cash :D

3.   We just all book on to an open class individually and pay separately.  There is a chance though the class may be fully booked and some of us might not get on to it.

I know this all sounds like a bit of a hassle, and I do apologise but I’m just the middle man trying to sort it out :)  I can understand why Ozone want to do it this way as well because I guess they don’t want to go arranging a class and organising for a coach to come down and then no one turns up.

Let me know your thoughts!

billy backpack

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010 »

I can totally understand your position and you shouldn't worry or apologise, We had the same issues when trying to get the Nevis trip organised.

The best thing to do imo is work on the principle of the cut off date for fees as you have suggested and meet at the ozone (or other pre-arranged venue if it's more convienient) and sort out the money. That way there is no ambiguity as to who's in or not and it also relieves you of the responsibility of being the treasurer !

bill2rhino

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2010 »

Your doin a grand job monk!! My cheque should be winging its way to you this very week ....really looking forward to the course!

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2010 »

I'm going to give Michael from Belfast City Council a call tomorrow to arrange a date/time we can meet up at Ozone to pay for the class.  It should be sometime around the week starting 16th May.  I guess it would be logical to try and meet at 6.30pm on the Tuesday which is the time we are wanting to run the class at.  I'm assuming that would suit most people so I will check with Ozone to see if it suits them.

I'm also happy to take cheques on behalf of any one who cant make it.  The cheque needs to be made payable to Belfast City Council for the amount of £58.50.  If you send me a private message I will send you my postal address to mail the cheques to.

Think that should cover us :)

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2010 »

How long before the course do they need the money? Would it be practical to sort you with the dollars at the weekend camp on the 8th?

I'm going to give Michael from Belfast City Council a call tomorrow to arrange a date/time we can meet up at Ozone to pay for the class.  It should be sometime around the week starting 16th May.  I guess it would be logical to try and meet at 6.30pm on the Tuesday which is the time we are wanting to run the class at.  I'm assuming that would suit most people so I will check with Ozone to see if it suits them.

I'm also happy to take cheques on behalf of any one who cant make it.  The cheque needs to be made payable to Belfast City Council for the amount of £58.50.  If you send me a private message I will send you my postal address to mail the cheques to.

Think that should cover us :)

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2010 »

How long before the course do they need the money? Would it be practical to sort you with the dollars at the weekend camp on the 8th?

The course would need paid by the 18th May, which is two weeks before the class starts.  If any one wants to sort out the money at the weekend camp that suits me as well. 

Cheques would still be preferable as it gives people the extra security of knowing I'm not going to run off with your money :D  Although if you see me turning up at the next weekender with a brand new tent, sleeping bag and some titanium goodies you will know where the money came from ;D

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010 »

Unfortunately Suspectmonkey can't do this now due to an injury. I'm still keen to get it booked and get up there. Can we have another show of hands from people who are still interested.

I'm in obviously.

MG1

• Hero Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2010 »

I'm still in.

MG1

• Hero Poster
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2010 »

Do we know whats happening with this yet?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]