Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Run to Remember  (Read 1941 times)

meadowhill14

• Newbie Poster
Run to Remember
« on: January 22, 2013 »

I work for a local charity and we need as many people as possible to sign up to the Belfast Marthon this year.

Run to Remember – Belfast City Marathon 6th May 2013
We need You! NICHS couldn't provide our vital local services without the support of people like you. Therefore, we’re asking you to Run to Remember the 1 in 3 people living in Northern Ireland today with Chest, Heart and Stroke illnesses by taking on the Belfast City Marathon. 

You may wish to Run to Remember someone you’ve lost to one of these devastating illnesses, or to run for someone in your family who is living with one of these illnesses every day.

Whether it's your first or your fifteenth marathon, we'll be with you every step of the way. And if you don’t think you can take on the full marathon, you can still take part by getting together a team for the Relay, or even participating in the Marathon Walk.

Life changes dramatically after a loved one suffers a stroke or heart or chest diagnosis. NICHS is there to offer support and help. 

“My stroke hit me when I was 55. I was in a wheelchair and was unable to communicate. Although I still haven’t regained my speech... I have learned to write and paint with my unaffected left hand. Without NICHS’ Art Therapy… I might never have regained what I have. Art has changed my life and has restored some of the hope that the stroke destroyed.”                        
 Tina Gault, Newtownards

The funds you will raise by taking on the Belfast Marathon challenge will support NICHS’ programmes of research in our local hospitals and universities into the treatment and prevention of these illnesses. You will also help us continue to provide a broad range of services in every part of Northern Ireland for people affected by stroke, respiratory diseases and heart conditions.

Training for and completing a race offers an incredible opportunity to honour and celebrate others who face a struggle every day. All our participants will receive a running vest and fundraising & training pack, along with lots of support and encouragement from the NICHS events team!

Simply secure your place in the marathon and then register to join the NICHS team by emailing events@nichs.org.uk or contacting Roisin on 028 9026 6702.

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]