Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Linked Events

• Night Hike - Meelmore/Meelbeg: June 08, 2010
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Night Hike - Meelmore & Meelbeg - 8 Jun 10  (Read 39745 times)

Tim

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Top Poster
Re: Night Hike - Meelmore & Meelbeg - 8 Jun 10
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2010 »

Looks like you all had a great time, glad you's enjoyed it.

ChuckMcB

« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2010 »

Yup, was good walk, interesting wee scramble going up Meelmore, never done that side of the wall before.

Even with the fog and wind, the weather was on our side, the wall protected us from the worst of the wind (once we figured out which part of the wall to stand behind) and the drizzle while coming down from Meelbeg was as bad as it got IMHO.

Good to meet you guys. Sorry for breaking up the party at the end (small ginger dog will not be coming on any other NI-Wild gigs). Ended up doing 10.1 miles. It actually turned out very calm, no drizzle, no wind, warm, but the fog really closed in, used a couple of glow sticks to make sure I stayed on the path. Foolishly I phoned the wife to let her know I would be late owing to 'misplacing' the dog. She insisted on driving down (against my advice) and just sat in the car, arm folded. Both dog and I felt it advisable to 'bivvy' in the lounge last night..I suspect I'm grounded this weekend...  :-[

No photos from this side...too busy walking.

P.s if anyone is looking a babysitter chris is your man ;)
They certainly latched onto him. Next time we'll throw your two up Hare's Gap...that'll take the wind out of their sails ;D

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2010 »

Glad Bo was safe and well - all part of excitement of the outdoors! Surely the wife'll realise it was fairly unavoidable (I'd have blamed the dog but I have low morals ;))

Yup, was good walk, interesting wee scramble going up Meelmore, never done that side of the wall before.

Even with the fog and wind, the weather was on our side, the wall protected us from the worst of the wind (once we figured out which part of the wall to stand behind) and the drizzle while coming down from Meelbeg was as bad as it got IMHO.

Good to meet you guys. Sorry for breaking up the party at the end (small ginger dog will not be coming on any other NI-Wild gigs). Ended up doing 10.1 miles. It actually turned out very calm, no drizzle, no wind, warm, but the fog really closed in, used a couple of glow sticks to make sure I stayed on the path. Foolishly I phoned the wife to let her know I would be late owing to 'misplacing' the dog. She insisted on driving down (against my advice) and just sat in the car, arm folded. Both dog and I felt it advisable to 'bivvy' in the lounge last night..I suspect I'm grounded this weekend...  :-[

No photos from this side...too busy walking.

P.s if anyone is looking a babysitter chris is your man ;)
They certainly latched onto him. Next time we'll throw your two up Hare's Gap...that'll take the wind out of their sails ;D

Scribble

• Hero Poster
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2010 »

So it was craig and not chris ? And was that you j with the walking poles . I was not 100% fully well and suffered more when I got home and only bit of sympathy the wife gave me where these kind words " told you not to go you ass"
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2010 »

Sorry I didn't get much of a chance to chat. I was (as usual) running late and didn't want to keep anyone back any further. You met Chuck and Chris (they were on time). I came later with the walking poles and with Craig (twentyclicks) as a passenger.

So it was craig and not chris ? And was that you j with the walking poles . I was not 100% fully well and suffered more when I got home and only bit of sympathy the wife gave me where these kind words " told you not to go you ass"

Scribble

• Hero Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2010 »

No prob just nice to meet you all make easier fir me when I eventually make up into the hills with ya . You should really buy a watch if your always running late  ;D

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2010 »

Tried that, didn't make any difference. I was only 15 minutes late yesterday which for me is damn near on time :D

No prob just nice to meet you all make easier fir me when I eventually make up into the hills with ya . You should really buy a watch if your always running late  ;D

ChuckMcB

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2010 »

Glad Bo was safe and well - all part of excitement of the outdoors! Surely the wife'll realise it was fairly unavoidable (I'd have blamed the dog but I have low morals ;))
You're being kind...the blame/responsibility is always with the owner.

I was not 100% fully well and suffered more when I got home and only bit of sympathy the wife gave me where these kind words " told you not to go you ass"
So you got the kids and car cleaned down before she saw that a well? :D

twentyclicks

• Hero Poster
  • Photographer, wanderer, bike enthusiast
    • twentyclicks
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2010 »

Super wee jaunt with the lads last night.  Pleasant temperature and pretty stable weather.  We generally couldn't see anything, but it took until about 10:30 before it actually got dark.  Chuck; glad you captured the rebel dog and didn't have to spend the whole night rambling the hills!

Thanks to J for transporting me.  I definitely hope to make more of these evenings.
Craig
-----------------------
"Go thou my incense upward from this hearth,
And ask the gods to pardon this clear flame." - Thoreau

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2010 »

Was great to meet you last night. Now we'll have to get you on a weekender!

Super wee jaunt with the lads last night.  Pleasant temperature and pretty stable weather.  We generally couldn't see anything, but it took until about 10:30 before it actually got dark.  Chuck; glad you captured the rebel dog and didn't have to spend the whole night rambling the hills!

Thanks to J for transporting me.  I definitely hope to make more of these evenings.

Scribble

• Hero Poster
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2010 »

I was not 100% fully well and suffered more when I got home and only bit of sympathy the wife gave me where these kind words " told you not to go you ass"
[/quote]

:) too bloody right I did had them both in the shower and all clothes in washing machine before she made it home . The car will be getting cleaned by the 2 culprits when I lift them from school .

twentyclicks

• Hero Poster
  • Photographer, wanderer, bike enthusiast
    • twentyclicks
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2010 »

Was great to meet you last night. Now we'll have to get you on a weekender!

Yeah, work permitting!  As I don't start until 11:30 on Sunday, might be able to do a Saturday evening sometime with an early leave...
Craig
-----------------------
"Go thou my incense upward from this hearth,
And ask the gods to pardon this clear flame." - Thoreau

chris

• Hero Poster
« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2010 »

:) too bloody right I did had them both in the shower and all clothes in washing machine before she made it home . The car will be getting cleaned by the 2 culprits when I lift them from school .
[/quote]

Nice, get those Hawaiian shorts on, pint of cider on the rocks and some music going! Trust me you'll love it!

Good to meet a few new faces also, Thanks to chuck for the lift down and I'm glad Bow's ok, Try not to be too harsh on him  :-[
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010 by chris »

ChuckMcB

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2010 »

The car will be getting cleaned by the 2 culprits when I lift them from school .
Like your style...Ohh yea, think one of your two got a bit of dust on my car as well, you can send them around any-time over the weekend to clean my car as well  ;)

Good to meet a few new faces also, Thanks to chuck for the lift down and I'm glad Bow's ok, Try not to be too harsh on him  :-[
Good to meet you as well. While I may threaten to "kick the wee ginger sh1te up the arse when I get hold of him", I've had dogs long enough to know that is counter productive....can't say the same for my wife....when we got home she was all out of lollipops;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]