Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: In Store Bargains Cotswolds  (Read 4777 times)

BrianT

• Newbie Poster
In Store Bargains Cotswolds
« on: January 12, 2012 »

I saw an online versus shop buying debate somewhere on forum,can't remember where ,so thought I would let everyone know of my experience.I was looking at a new hardshell mountain equipment jacket  in Cotswolds Boucher road just before Christmas but thought I would hold off to New Year and maybe catch a bargain on E-Bay in meantime ( I've got brilliant bargains here in past but also seen some silly prices being paid for second hand).Anyway I had decided to buy jacket with 15% discount U.F.R.C. card in Cotswolds until I saw it online £65 cheaper @ "Gaynors".Long story short Cotswolds Boucher road price matched-needs to be same model colour etc.Great service!

Brian
Brian

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: In Store Bargains Cotswolds
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012 »

I spend quite a bit of time in Cotswolds, they're a pretty good shop if a bit pricey. They were supposed to organise discount for NI-Wild but never got back to us. Shame, the peeps around here seem to be in there quite a bit.

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012 »

I still have my christmas vouchers to spend there so must go beforte the sales end. I remember when i first walked in there and thought "wow, thats expensive, why would anyone spend their hard earned cash here" but i've since come to realise that you get what you pay for and the gear is very good and the service is even better. And as i get a work discount i can usually match the online prices  :)
think outside, no box required

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012 »

I think that Cotswolds might not give discount on sale items. By discount I mean if you're part of a group that usually gets a % off.

I still have my christmas vouchers to spend there so must go beforte the sales end. I remember when i first walked in there and thought "wow, thats expensive, why would anyone spend their hard earned cash here" but i've since come to realise that you get what you pay for and the gear is very good and the service is even better. And as i get a work discount i can usually match the online prices  :)

Oisín

• Has climbed with NI Wild
  • Hero Poster
    • Oisin's Flickr
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012 »

I'm waiting on my Scout Leader card coming through, then all the discounts will be mine.

I must remember about their price matching. Do they let you use your discount on the price matched item?
It is not about being the fastest, the strongest or the biggest. It is about being ourselves - Kilian Jornet

wee gaz

• Top Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012 »

scout leader card is great 20% off just the ticket

dean1970

• Top Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012 »

I am sure Cotswold do a price match.

Find something online cheaper, download the info from the web, bring it into the shop and they will match the price. Assuming they have the item and it is the exact like for like.

Well they would match the price on a tent I was thinking of buying.

mucka

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012 »

Surf mountain in bangor will price match their online prices and there are a few deals in the shop at the minute, don't know when it'll run to tho  ???

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]