Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: rock climbing  (Read 19448 times)

MG1

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: rock climbing
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011 »

There seems to be a steady wee group of climbers building up. Hopefully get plenty of climbing trips over the summer ;D
If you die with all your parts working your not trying hard enough!

Allyc

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011 »

enjoy the trip ZTO hope the weathers good 4 yas, then ya can get back and show us the tips.... yea hopefully we should all get out plenty over the summer !!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

LennyJ1

• Hero Poster
  • Has climbed with NI-Wild
    • Outdoor Gear UK
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011 »

I'm Tim's climbing buddy, and I'd be up for this too. I have my own harness and rock shoes etc. I'm going on a trad climbing trip to the Peak District on the 17th, which should be pretty awesome :D

I too have a lot of uni work though, so I'll have to wait a few weeks.

Take loads of photos
No one goes inside to clear their head

alanrsv

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011 »

There seems to be a steady wee group of climbers building up. Hopefully get plenty of climbing trips over the summer ;D

I have a couple of spare harness`s if anyone wants to come along and try out the climbing

Allyc  it could be Sunday 17th April before i get out climbing again if that date suits you to come along ?

Eamonn

• Sr. Poster
    • http://www.hikersblog.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011 »

I have a couple of spare harness`s if anyone wants to come along and try out the climbing

Allyc  it could be Sunday 17th April before i get out climbing again if that date suits you to come along ?

Hey alanrsv, i've been wanting to try some climbing but i've no equipment if you could lend me a harness what other equipment would i need to buy?

Tim

• Top Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011 »

Would you mind if I tagged along Alan? I'd love to start getting outdoors with climbing

alanrsv

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011 »

Hi Big E  Come along and try out the climbing, if you like it buy climbing shoes next, the equipment is expensive but i gathered it up piece by piece over several years

Hi Tim   Aye come along i'll get you started, We'll get a few people together and go through the basics

ZTO

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011 »

If I don't get to the Peak District for coursework related reasons, I might tag along too, if that's okay.

alanrsv

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011 »

Hi ZTO   Aye come along no problem

Allyc

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011 »

hi alan, thats the only sunday am booked up   :-[ im booked in for mud madess, and am driving so can let them down, but let me no any other time, am looking forward to getting out with afew others, honestly let me no. cheers 4 the invite mate!!

p.s. mud madess is another great day out, its far charty, £20 , google it, i done it last year its lots of craic, loads of fun, it sounds terrible jumping into swamps, mud etc very messing but class!!

Eamonn

• Sr. Poster
    • http://www.hikersblog.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011 »

Cheers Alan. Really looking forward to this.

ZTO

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011 »

Looks like I'm not going to get to the Peak District  :(

So what's the plan for the 17th? Anyone have any particular routes in mind? Hen Mountain is supposed to be good, or the Bearnagh Slabs may be fun.

Also, I can offer a lift to anyone from the Ballynahinch area who's coming along, if it's still happening.

alanrsv

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2011 »

Looks like I'm not going to get to the Peak District  :(

So what's the plan for the 17th? Anyone have any particular routes in mind? Hen Mountain is supposed to be good, or the Bearnagh Slabs may be fun.

Also, I can offer a lift to anyone from the Ballynahinch area who's coming along, if it's still happening.

Aye there are a few good routes on hen to begin on , we could meet up in the car pk below hen if is' s ok , around 10am all welcome !

Tim

• Top Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011 »

Aye there are a few good routes on hen to begin on , we could meet up in the car pk below hen if is' s ok , around 10am all welcome !

Sounds like a plan Alan. Me and ZTO have got ourselves sorted with helmets and we have our own harnesses, shoes etc but no rope or rack other than a sling and a few screwgates. We've also been invited for a bit of climbing on Saturday the 16th in the Mournes as well so I think we're going to bivvy somewhere on Saturday night and meet you all at Hen on Sunday morning

alanrsv

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2011 »

tim,zto,big e, i will meet you on sunday morning around 10 am and will bring ropes etc,enjoy saturdays climbing
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]