Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: rock climbing  (Read 19449 times)

Allyc

• Jr. Poster
rock climbing
« on: April 02, 2011 »

hea guys does any of yas do any climbing around the mournes?? i go the odd weekend top roping on my own, and wouldnt mind getting to no other people whos at it!!!!!!! look 4ward 2 hearing back!!!!!! :)

Scribble

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: rock climbing
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011 »

Fancy taking a novice ?? I ain't done none so if you do Pm me if not I won't be offended , I can climb a tree no bother  ;)
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

Allyc

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011 »

yea scribble we can give it ago surely, BUT im new to it myself, i do think the set up is safe , wat am trying to say is.... im confident on my own BUT wat happens if i mess it up and you fall  :-[
but hea if your still up for it we can give it a go,  ;)

alanrsv

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011 »

We climb most weekends (usually sunday) in the mournes you're welcome to come along any time, Check out the Logbook/photos on http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/showlog.html?id=74201

MG1

• Hero Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011 »

Hi Ally

I think i was talking to you on climbing.ie. I'd be up for some climbing in the Mournes, I couldn't lead anything just second.
If you die with all your parts working your not trying hard enough!

Allyc

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011 »

Hi alan, yea definally be up for that any sunday suits me, let me no when it suits yas, looking forward to it, its great to see the summer coming, been a long winter!

hi MG1 yea i noticed the name, this seems to be a great site, climbing.ie great site to, i cant lead either, i walk to the top of the route,throw the rope over and climb up, i will learn to lead when im a better climber, im a beginner myself, if thats all ok with ya we can go some saturday,if it suits you, if weathers good, do ya have harness and shoes?

MG1

• Hero Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011 »

Yeah mate have a harness and shoes. I've all needed for seconding.

I've been itching to get out climbing for ages. Bouldering in the o-zones just not the same.

Is it only weekends that suits you?

Allyc

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011 »

yea just off at week ends maybe i might get a day of during the week but i wouldnt no when, just when im not busy, does the weekends not suit ya? im not very good at climbing mate, i dont have much experience at all, but we can still give it ago .

MG1

• Hero Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011 »

I can get some weekends off. We'll get a date tied down and get out. We could arrange it for a time when another trip is going on. we could get a full day climbing and the next morning.

Tim

• Top Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011 »

I'd be up for tagging along sometime. Been climbing indoors for just over 2 months now so still not that great a climber, but I was lucky enough to get to Scotland for some winter stuff which helped show me the ropes for some outdoor stuff, although it was mostly scrambling type stuff but got a bit of experience building anchors, placing protection and that sorta thing and got to lead a few pitches going up the Ledge route on Ben Nevis and Feacall Ridge in the Cairngorms

Allyc

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011 »

yea MG1 sounds good, let me no a date am free most weekends!!!

hi tim, i go out most saturday morning, if ya read the rest of my posts, top rope is the height of it, more than welcome its just me that goes, any saturday ur free let me no!!!

Tim

• Top Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011 »

Sounds like a plan Ally, I'm free most weekends too but really busy with uni at the minute, should have all my work out of the way in a week or two though. What have you got gearwise? I'm guessing you have your own rope and enough to set up an anchor at the top? I have nothing other than a pair of rock shoes, although im hoping to get a harness and a few screwgates and slings this week, as well as a few quickdraws for leading at the wall in the PEC

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011 »

I'd be up for tagging along sometime. Been climbing indoors for just over 2 months now so still not that great a climber, but I was lucky enough to get to Scotland for some winter stuff which helped show me the ropes for some outdoor stuff, although it was mostly scrambling type stuff but got a bit of experience building anchors, placing protection and that sorta thing and got to lead a few pitches going up the Ledge route on Ben Nevis and Feacall Ridge in the Cairngorms

Sounds like you've been getting on really well since joining the Mountaineering Club, good going!  Winter climbing in Scotland must have been an awesome trip :)

Allyc

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011 »

yea tim rope slings few nuts etc enough to set up top rope, dont work to hard!! ;)

ZTO

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011 »

I'm Tim's climbing buddy, and I'd be up for this too. I have my own harness and rock shoes etc. I'm going on a trad climbing trip to the Peak District on the 17th, which should be pretty awesome :D

I too have a lot of uni work though, so I'll have to wait a few weeks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]