Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Family camp  (Read 16430 times)

MG1

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Family camp
« on: November 01, 2011 »

I'm planning on bringing my wee fella to bloody bridge this Saturday if any one wants to join us, feel free.
If you die with all your parts working your not trying hard enough!

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
Re: Family camp
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011 »

I'm planning on bringing my wee fella to bloody bridge this Saturday if any one wants to join us, feel free.

I will be there for this one, fingers crossed!!!  I've an all expenses paid corporate trip to Down Royal Race Track to attend on Friday, so hopefully I will be able to draw upon some inner strength (and Redbull) to get me to Bloody Bridge.

Will have my 4 & 5 year olds with me.

8)
If You don't Climb the Mountain, You can't
See the View

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011 »

I'll be there with the small boy. Worth mentioning, it'll be Guy Fawkes night.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011 by RedLeader »

Matthew

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011 »

I will be there too minus anyone else.

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011 »

I will be there too minus anyone else.

Excellent, I'm gonna need a baby sitter with my hangover  ;D
See the View

Grace.

• Top Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011 »

Me and Oisin are coming along to this :) Has anyone got two free seats from belfast to newcastle  ::)

wee gaz

• Top Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011 »

was going to do bloody bridge on sunday with my 7 year old daughter this sunday but may now do family camp.what time sat. secure parking ? new to this, any tips cheers. if only sunday would love to meet up

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011 »

was going to do bloody bridge on sunday with my 7 year old daughter this sunday but may now do family camp.what time sat. secure parking ? new to this, any tips cheers. if only sunday would love to meet up

Hi Gary

Would be great to see you on Saturday.  Bloody Bridge campsite is very secure and you will be parking near enough beside your tent so no worries there!

Peeps will be arriving from about 3pm onwards I would guess, but keep an eye on this thread and firmer arrangements will be made closer to the time.

Tips wise, it's technically car camping, so bring plenty of gear to stay warm through the night.  Don't be afraid to throw a good double duvet in the car along with your sleeping bags this time of year.  And bring plenty of supplies and snacks to keep your self and your daughter well fed.

There will be an open fire to keep warm by into the early hours of the morning too whilst sipping on a few brews.

If there's anything else you want to know just ask, and hopefully see you on Saturday.

Dowser

8)
See the View

MG1

• Hero Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011 »

Me and Oisin are coming along to this :) Has anyone got two free seats from belfast to newcastle  ::)

Can't help you from Belfast but if you can get to Newcastle i can bring you's out to Bloody bridge.
If you die with all your parts working your not trying hard enough!

wee gaz

• Top Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011 »

had look at map for bloody bridge campsite, did`nt even know it was there. stupid question but is there a lane to drive up to campsite? now we`re looking forward to w/end

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011 »

had look at map for bloody bridge campsite, did`nt even know it was there. stupid question but is there a lane to drive up to campsite? now we`re looking forward to w/end

There is a lane... The entrance to the campsite is right beside the Style for the Bloody Bridge Walk, opposite the main BB Carpark.  Just be careful turning into it, as you know how busy that road can be, so get your car well up to the gate and off the road before getting out to open the gate.

Once through the gate you can drive right up into the campsite and you will be able to pitch your tent just feet from your car if you so wish.

8)
See the View

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011 »

Drive out of Newcastle towards Annalong until you pass Bloody Bridge Car Park on the left (the one with the public toilets etc). A few meters down the road from it on the mountains side is the Bloody Bridge trail which has a 5 bar farmers gate to its right. This is the entrance to Bloody Bridge Campsite. Just blow through the gate and up the (crappy) lane. Think the campsite is the 2nd or so on the right, through another gate. Not sure how we'll all know who's who and where to pitch. Do you know what time you're arriving at?

wee gaz

• Top Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011 »

cheers for info , should be down about 2.30-3.00 cant miss me, same size as rucksack and looking lost lol.
r we there yet ?

Grace.

• Top Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011 »

If the weather is bad is this still a go ahead? Just me and Oisin will be having to leave early morning Saturday to get to Newcastle for lunch time. How much is it to camp at meelmore?

Grace.

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011 »

Not Meelmore - Bloody Bridge!! Don't be going to the wrong place :) It's £6 per person per night. The weather is crappy now but the forecast for the weekend is great so it should be fine.

If the weather is bad is this still a go ahead? Just me and Oisin will be having to leave early morning Saturday to get to Newcastle for lunch time. How much is it to camp at meelmore?

Grace.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]