Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Canadian Canoe or Kayak Wanted  (Read 5901 times)

Rusty Madra

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Sr. Poster
  • HAS CLIMBED WITH NI WILD
    • HikersBlog.co.uk
Canadian Canoe or Kayak Wanted
« on: August 28, 2013 »

There's a big River beside me (The Lagan) and I've decided to get a Canoe or Kayak (Yes I know about the dangers of Weils disease and currents etc)

I saw this one for sale:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/13ft-sound-canoe/1030040156

Any thoughts? Ideally I was after a Canadian Canoe but there's not much on the market at the moment in terms of used ones
If you're thinking... "wait this might be a bit dangerous".... you're probably on the way to a good adventure!

mt goat russell

• Jr. Poster
  • If i'm not there i'm dead....
Re: Canadian Canoe or Kayak Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013 »

There's a big River beside me (The Lagan) and I've decided to get a Canoe or Kayak (Yes I know about the dangers of Weils disease and currents etc)

I saw this one for sale:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/13ft-sound-canoe/1030040156

Any thoughts? Ideally I was after a Canadian Canoe but there's not much on the market at the moment in terms of used ones

Hi that type off boat is only for river running in a straight line & very unsteady.. it depends what u want it for & how confident u r in a boat... if u looking a good river boat i'm seling a med i3 222 Pyranha .....  sorry iam harry & i'm a level 3 coach...

lowa

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013 »

Well Rusty, I have a few kayaks here closed cockpits GP & sit on tops I would think about selling. I also have open canoes (Canadian) but not so sure on selling them, but if you want to come down and have a look just let me know. I'm in Aughnacloy Co.Tyrone.

Cheers

lowa

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013 »

I bought a kayak from Gumtree without much investigation thinking they were probably all much the same. Turns out they're not and they're shaped and moulded depending on what they're designed to do - river running / white water / touring / sea etc. Defo read up on what type will suit you best!

I had a Canadian for years and I sold it because it was lying in the garden and was too much hassle to get on the car on my own. Worst mistake ever, I really miss it now and they're wild expensive. I'll probably get another one as soon as I can afford it. A lazy day on a river in a Canadian is just epic...

If you wanted a go in a kayak to see what's what you're welcome to try mine. I think I have all the gubbins bar a PFD. Also Mobile Team Adventure run a turn up and paddle session at Shaws Bridge (for a tenner I think), it's a great introduction to canoeing plus great fun too.

This was the pic that made me want to buy a Canadian and I'd say it totally lived up to it's expectations.

velvetmonkey

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013 »

PM sent

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]