Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bannock  (Read 14682 times)

Celt_Ginger

• Sr. Poster
Re: Bannock
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009 »

Just to clarify, you make a runny mixture and put a small portion in the frying pan and fry it like a pancake. Take it out, eat it, then make another one.

Wolf_Larson

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009 »

I wounder if i should do them in the cafe  ???

Ill have to do the sums to see how mush they would be to make eash one.
The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.

kendogbaggio

• Top Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009 »

Wolf if you made these in your cafe you would prob make about 80% profit on them. A bag of flour goes a long long way and even further if you buy it in trader quantities. Find out who supplies the bakeries and get it even cheaper. I know if i was in the vicinity of your cafe on a cold december afternoon i would def call in for some fresh cooked bannock and a jig of whiskey infused coffee. Dammit cant wait till errigal tomorrow now and cook it wild with some jamesons.
There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea and the music in its roar; I love not man the less, but Nature more

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009 »

Sounds good mate, ill be looking into that.

armysurplusireland

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009 »

Just use gold old soda bread flour , and add raisins etc if you wish, But the flour works with water only if you have no milk powder, or beer or cider . Great with cheese and fried onions added to the doughmix.

;)

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009 »

Just use gold old soda bread flour , and add raisins etc if you wish, But the flour works with water only if you have no milk powder, or beer or cider . Great with cheese and fried onions added to the doughmix.

;)

I like the sound of this alot.  ;D

armysurplusireland

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009 »

Trust me I like my grub, and being outdoors is no excuse to let standards slip... aint nothing like the munchies  ;)

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009 »

LOL true live it up when you can.  ;D

666_pack

• Hero Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009 »

;)

now that i'd like to try.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HAVE FUN

kendogbaggio

• Top Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009 »

;)

I know makin the mixture in the house before you leave is still a bit of a cheat from a survival/bushcrafting point of view but using soda bread flour is cheating even more, is it not??? just a thought, i like the whole mixing it all together and experimenting before you 'leave' Premade flour sounds just too easy ???

Regards,

David
There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea and the music in its roar; I love not man the less, but Nature more

kendogbaggio

• Top Poster
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009 »

;)

I know makin the mixture in the house before you leave is still a bit of a cheat from a survival/bushcrafting point of view but using soda bread flour is cheating even more, is it not??? just a thought, i like the whole mixing it all together and experimenting before you 'leave' Premade flour sounds just too easy besides i want bannock not soda bread ???

Regards,

David
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009 by kendogbaggio »

pablo

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009 »

i think im under equiped to make bannock,i havent got the little leather bags with the ziplock liners so surely mine wouldnt taste like the proper item  ;D

i vaguely remember making a flour and water mix and wrapping it round a stick like a swizzle and baking it over a fire. id just need a wils cow to milk then churn up some butter and bobs yer uncle ..........er i mean Rays yer uncle  :P
Pages: 1 [2]

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]