Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: wishing to learn bushcaft  (Read 10740 times)

tarocko

• Newbie Poster
wishing to learn bushcaft
« on: February 26, 2010 »

Look to find some one to teach me bushcaft, i live in belfast, but am sure i can get anywhere in n,ireand. Am 25 and very willing to learn, will even pay for your time as its a skill

Thanks

Ian Browne

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: wishing to learn bushcaft
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010 »

The NIBA bushcraft chaps should be able to help you. They run all sorts of Bushcraft related excursions.
http://www.bushcraftni.com

robo

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010 »

hi mate i have been wanting to learn a bit about bushcraft as well alouth im not to worried about rubbing sticks togather for fire and all that but i would like to know how just in case. Im more interested in the free food identification as i always wonder what i can and cant eat and would love to learn about it. I cant learn you anything but i could meet you some time if you want and we could get out and give it a go. im from belfast as well and can travel. cheers

Celt_Ginger

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010 »

Hello.
The NIBA will be running 2 free Bushcraft days at Carnfunnock Country park in Larne on the 17th and 18th of April 2010. There will be a shelter building day and a wild food/plant/tree identification day. Contact Carnfunnock Country Park for details of times etc.

robo

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010 »

ill be there then, thanks for the info

robo

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010 »

hi celt is there any way i can contact the niba as theres no contact info on there web and also is there limited places on this weekend camp as i want to go and see what its all about thanks

Celt_Ginger

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010 »

Hi Robo.
 To book your place on the Course, contact Carnfunnock Country Park direct. It's wild food on the Saturday and Shelter building on the Sunday.

robo

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010 »

are we camping overnight

Mouldsy

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010 »

Hi Robo,
These course's are run over two days at Carnfunnock we are not planning on staying over-night how ever Carnfunnock have a quality camp-site which I am sure you would be able to book into if you are planning on coming with us for the two day's.
Looking forward to meeting you at the course's.
Davy.

Blackthorn

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010 »

I might have a go at this i like the wild camping thing, what qualifications do the people running the courses have? Are they survival experts? How much does it cost?

Celt_Ginger

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010 »

There's no such thing as a survival expert. It's too vast a subject. The NIBA members have trained at various Bushcraft schools throughout the UK, including Woodlore, Woodsmoke and Backwoods, as well as having practiced their skills over here. They have therefore gained a lot of experience and have observed "best practice" first hand from some of the UK's best bushcraft schools .
There are no formal Bushcraft qualifications, as Bushcraft is much more skills based as opposed to academic.
The Wild food walk and the shelter building day are FREE events.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010 by Celt_Ginger »

Blackthorn

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010 »

That's sounds good ginger, is it you who is taking the course or is it someone else?

Mouldsy

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010 »

It is the N.I.B.A that is running the course's over the two day's in association with Carnfunnock Country Park, All booking's for these two day's must be made through Carnfunnock.
Hope to see you there and make sure you introduce yourself to us if you are going.
Davy.

Celt_Ginger

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010 »

That's sounds good ginger, is it you who is taking the course or is it someone else?

Hi Blackthorn.
I am just one of a number of members in the NIBA (I Am the best looking though, lol). All of them have built shelters and lived in them before.
It will be a group project as far as the building is concerned. Unfortunately, due to a prior appointment, I will not be attending this one.

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]