Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Scarpa Trek GTX  (Read 2655 times)

Craigy123

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Top Poster
    • Pro Sound NI
Scarpa Trek GTX
« on: March 17, 2012 »

Anyone who is a keen walker will know your feet are probably the most important thing to take care of. One thing you should ensure is good socks, they will help prevent rubbing and picking the right ones for the right time really improve your walking experience. However the most important thing is by far your boots. About a month ago I seen Tiso in Belfast were having a footwear sale, so off I went hoping to replace my 7 year old Scarpa boots with something a bit newer. I got my original Scarpa in Tiso so where better to start?

The Scarpa Trek GTX caught my eye straight away, now I dont normally go for leather boots due to the who breaking in stigma they get but I'm seriously glad I got these. The staff at Tiso were extremely helpful and I learned one foot was much smaller than a few years ago and they were able to pick a boot size to best suit me.

So how does the boot perform? Honestly they are fantastic boots. I put them on to start the dreaded breaking in process but just wearing them about the house and my local youth club where I'm on my feet for abut 3 hours but I was more than surprised at how good they felt straight away. I'd say they needed no breaking in at all, so it was off to the hills with them. My first day with these boots consisted of a 10.4mile hike from Carrick Little to Donard Park and I have no discomfort at all. When I took them off the inside was perfectly dry despite some particularly wet walking.

I got home that evening and a quick wash in water with a soft brush had the boots as clean as new again. The scuff cap on the front of the boots really protects the leather from scratches. Bottom line, these boots are simple fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone.
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints!

Ed

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
  • Bally up!
    • HikersBlog
Re: Scarpa Trek GTX
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012 »

Looks similar in shape to the Mistral (fabric based boot which I currently own)
I got mine in Blacks, the fit is great and the laces cinch in nicely for when you need a tighter fit.

http://www.hikersblog.co.uk
"In the ni-wild militant wing a tent is now considered glamping" - RustyMadra
Team Bivvy!

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]