Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Shiny new discount sleeping mat  (Read 6171 times)

Rich.H

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Shiny new discount sleeping mat
« on: May 07, 2015 »

Just put in an order for what I think is currently the best price deal around online. I have had my eye on a nice Therma-rest for sometime now but with two zeros on it's price it was a serious commitment, however the 2015 range from Exped includes some nice light mates that could be directly compared to the Therma-rest stuff. Their hyperlite model comes in at 450g for the xl version and sits at 7cm depth giving an R rating of 3.3 which is apparently around 10% higher than the Therma-rests in this weight range. Normally it is retailing for around £90-£95 online. However I found a firm chucking them out lower than that.

Facewest are doing the hyperlite mat for £85.50 with free p&p, that alone is nice enough but on the order confirmation email you get some shiny voucher points to spend, it says there is no minimum order price to use them on, and I got myself £8.60 worth of points, so easily enough to go back and grab a free medium sized drybag etc, or just money off something else.

Link to the hyperlite mat here http://www.facewest.co.uk/Exped-Synmat-Hyperlite-7.html?gclid=CLOarv6nr8UCFQjKtAodkhMAtA

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Shiny new discount sleeping mat
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015 »

I had the Exped Synmat UL 7. It was a great mat and served me well and I'm still using it. I did have a fault after some use that I managed to fix myself, however my word of warning would be that when I contacted the company to request advice they never even got back to me.

Review:
http://www.ni-wild.co.uk/blog/2013/04/exped-synmat-ul-7-review-fault-update/

stinkyfinn

• Newbie Poster
Re: Shiny new discount sleeping mat
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015 »

I had a windscreen shade off a car for a sleep mat, it was foil reflective and soft enough, it also coverd my body core and cost 3quid, light cheap and effective :-)
Also exercise matts can be a good option their light and most have straps for carrying

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]