Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Great Jacket Debate (Round 1)  (Read 25217 times)

Scribble

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: The Great Jacket Debate (Round 1)
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010 »

Santa has told me to buy my own present this year so I'm looking between a Rab generator or photon it's basically for when I stop as I overheat while walking and cool down very quickly , I think one with a hood is a must for myself so it's more in likely the photon ,the Rab xenon looks the part but  I don't think mrs claus would be to happy if I stretched that far ,does anyone have one or know of another jacket to go try on , I'm also liking the Haglofs Barrier hood so thinking best bet is try them all on all see what deals I can find
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010 by andy »
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

whoRya

• Hero Poster
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010 »

And the real reason you want it?!

"The Rab Photon Hoody is a super versatile synthetic duvet jacket.  Light, packable and extremely warm.  Perfect for cold belay stances, lunch stops, winter walking and post activity pubbing."

"Not all those who wander are lost."

Scribble

• Hero Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010 »

And the real reason you want it?!

"The Rab Photon Hoody is a super versatile synthetic duvet jacket.  Light, packable and extremely warm.  Perfect for cold belay stances, lunch stops, winter walking and post activity pubbing."

Seen that review and it kind of put me off as I always leave my jacket behind :) was in Downshire camping this morning trying on the Rab gear mmmmmmmm
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.

twentyclicks

• Hero Poster
  • Photographer, wanderer, bike enthusiast
    • twentyclicks
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010 »

Santa has told me to buy my own present this year so I'm looking between a Rab generator or photon it's basically for when I stop as I overheat while walking and cool down very quickly , I think one with a hood is a must for myself so it's more in likely the photon ,the Rab xenon looks the part but  I don't think mrs claus would be to happy if I stretched that far ,does anyone have one or know of another jacket to go try on , I'm also liking the Haglofs Barrier hood so thinking best bet is try them all on all see what deals I can find

The Photon is brilliant, and ideal as over-insulation for stops.  The hood and adjustable cuffs make it versatile.

The Montane Flux is similar, and the Prism 2 is lighter weight (think Generator with full-zip and hood).

Other options would include the Paramo Torres Smock or Buffalo Belay Jacket.
Craig
-----------------------
"Go thou my incense upward from this hearth,
And ask the gods to pardon this clear flame." - Thoreau

Craigy123

• Top Poster
    • Pro Sound NI
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011 »

I love my Haglofs stuff. I have a black one with Goretex soft shell. It never let me down but then we had a little accident (trying to climb the big rock at the bottom of the grey mans path) and I put some holes it. I sent it to LSR and they couldnt match the fabric but it looks like it has a pocket panel so it lives on. While it was away I bought a berghus with aquafoil, its not bad but I havent tried it in really bad conditions yet, though for £70 it couldnt be bad. I also had one of the early berghus packlites which i loved but as it rides up a lot water ends up going down the back of your water proof trousers instead. I think my next one will be Haglofs, there is some really nice items coming out at the minute, I'm tempted by The North Face but not sure its worth the money.
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]