Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Billy Blanks PT24/7  (Read 6131 times)

spartan00117

• Top Poster
  • Ah well, shit happens
Billy Blanks PT24/7
« on: July 17, 2012 »

Just bought me PT24/7 the new training program from Billy Blanks.  Day 1 and already my arms ache.  Will keep you posted on how this goes.  My goal is to loose 2 stone and tone up in 30 days.  At the end of my 30 days I hope to have a blog for you guys showing before and after and some of the nutritional stuff Billy recommends.

THFC
"If it wasnt life threatening it would be hilarious" Ed Stafford

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Billy Blanks PT24/7
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012 »

What is this, do you have a link?

Good luck either way!

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012 »

good luck, took me 3 months to lose 2 stone, well worth the effort, still working on the tone up bit though  :)
think outside, no box required

Rusty Madra

• Sr. Poster
  • HAS CLIMBED WITH NI WILD
    • HikersBlog.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012 »

Fair play to you! Let us know how it goes and what type of stuff you'd be doing. Good Luck!
If you're thinking... "wait this might be a bit dangerous".... you're probably on the way to a good adventure!

Daithi2004

• Top Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012 »

Fair play to you! Let us know how it goes and what type of stuff you'd be doing. Good Luck!

I would like top know too as I need to loose 2 Stone too

Rusty Madra

• Sr. Poster
  • HAS CLIMBED WITH NI WILD
    • HikersBlog.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012 »

If anyone's trying to loose weight by the way I've found that the following method has been very good in the past:

As soon as you get up have a strong cup of coffee (very strong) then go for a moderate, don't kill yourself!, jog for at least 30 mins. [Jog for a few mins, walk for a few min at the beginning if it's too hard]

Do this every other day. If you're really keen put in a circuit [push-ups, sit-ups etc] on the days you're not running.

After the run have a big bowl of high fibre cereal for your breakfast. Eat lunch and dinner as normal. Avoid snacking [unless it's fruit, water, tea or coffee] and don't take crisps, biscuits etc.

It's not too radical a programme and it's easy enough to follow. I've found it gets results fairly fast.
If you're thinking... "wait this might be a bit dangerous".... you're probably on the way to a good adventure!

Oisín

• Has climbed with NI Wild
  • Hero Poster
    • Oisin's Flickr
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012 »

I would agree that cardio exercise can help with weight loss. Few points that I could add or disagree with would be:

If you have bad knees or ankles try swimming or cycling as cardio as they are much less impact sports and avoid running on tarmac or street surfaces.

I would disagree about the big bowl of high fiber cereal, I would have thought the carbs wouldn't have helped with the weight. I would of thought eggs/meat something with protein and fat as a better option.

Spartan what is this routine you are doing? Share with us the diet and exercise plan?
It is not about being the fastest, the strongest or the biggest. It is about being ourselves - Kilian Jornet

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]