Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Adventure weekend Strangford lough  (Read 8542 times)

Damp Colin

• Jr. Poster
Adventure weekend Strangford lough
« on: June 26, 2009 »

Is anyone going on the adventure weekend to salt island off killyleagh next weekend?

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Adventure weekend Strangford lough
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009 »

Is that the CANI one? I'm hoping for an overnighter there on 18th Jul (I think...) if anyone's interested.

Damp Colin

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009 »

yea thats the one was over there about a month ago with friends, going on the CANI as i dont get out in an open boat to often as i enjoy my kayaking to much  ;D

kendogbaggio

• Top Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009 »

A bit off the topic but i think i was kayaking with you last sat colin at the 4:30 session at shaws bridge could be wrong but you (or some other colin!) did mention this event to me. Last week was class and the hooks are well and truly in. Bought some basic gear last night coz i got a total soaking last week in shorts and t-shirt. Roll on tommorow till i get back at it maybe see you there... maybe ???!

Best Regards,

David
There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea and the music in its roar; I love not man the less, but Nature more

Damp Colin

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009 »

hi david as you know  bynow yea tis me, glad you got the bug for kayaking mate you do know you cant turn back when you start buying your own gear. Hopefully see you at shaws bridge in two weeks as its off for the 12th fortnight ahhhhhh wot to do for 2 weeks anyone got any ideas?

kendogbaggio

• Top Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009 »

Well hopefully going to buy this perception whiplash off Gavin (slippytoes) if it fits me. Will do for practicing through the week and esp the next 2 weeks of no MTA at shaws bridge :'( . My local river is 5mins walk away and its only about 4ft deep at the min and very calm so will be safe enough and my mate Liam is on the lookout for a kayak as well so if anyone heres of a gp kayak goin please let me know, plus it would be suicide kayaking on my own anyways... might invest in a throwline also to be as safe as possible...

See you in a couple of weeks Colin

Take care,

David
There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea and the music in its roar; I love not man the less, but Nature more

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]