Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Coast of ireland  (Read 48237 times)

DryBag

• Sr. Poster
  • every turn of the wheel is a revolution
    • Mild Excitement
Re: Coast of ireland
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2009 »

I thought you were daft when you first came on here with your grand plan to walk round Ireland with a knife and a fishing rod - especially since you freely admitted you were totally inexperienced.

I said nothing, and now I'm glad.  The more I think about it the more I'm catching your enthusiasm - and with Ireland being (probably) the most fertile country in the world I'm actually thinking that with a year or so planning like this you might succeed.

Who knows, you might even get a BBC/RTE series out of it; now there's a thought.

Paul

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2009 »

An idea might be to get in contact with as many people on this forum as you can and each time you enter their neighbourhood give them a shout and they can show you the best places to fish or forage.

Wolf_Larson

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2009 »

Hey paul great idear, thanks for that mate. welcome to the form.
The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.

Hunter

• Top Poster
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2009 »

hi wolf i camped in an old army camp in a place called Leenan Bay and Culdaff  and i've fished there aswell and fished in Malin Head,Portsalon,Fanad Head, Inch Island,Buncrana,Moville so if that any help to you can let me know and as i said before if i can give you any help i will. :-\
One life live it !       http://hunterforum.webs.com/

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2009 »

Good man you are dee666, dont worrie ill be looking info of you, cheers again m8

Hunter

• Top Poster
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2009 »

just thinking wolf when u go on ur trip round ireland i just mite join u if i have my land rover on da road i cud take u 2 a few spots in Donegal i've been too an we can do a bit off camping aswell if u want da company.

666_pack

• Hero Poster
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009 »

I'd also take you up in that offer if the lonewolf is up for it. I have always wanted to get into the wilds of Donegal.

I'll keep my eye on this.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HAVE FUN

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009 »

I'd be game for a few days too

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009 »

That would be great ! 

And good practise for me, also to put a face to these names ( dee666  666_pack  jonno )

Cheers dee !

666_pack

• Hero Poster
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2009 »

Sound like a plan then.

So Wolf how are you getting on with the initial planning stage off you big trip. I have to agree with drybag's comments as they say "for every oak there was once a nut who stood it's ground"

fair play too ye fella.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HAVE FUN

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009 »

LOL Dry bag is right, at the minit im doing more reading about the coast of ireland and living of the coast. I got a goo book about living of the coast in north street the other day.

FOREWORD: If you are good at it, you can make a living from the seashore, eating fish soup, sea beet and cockles, and picking up lost coinage and diamond rings, not to mention pieces-of-eight, to pay for your vists to civilisation. But most of us go for fun, and because we never know what might be around the next corner. In some parts of the country it isin the blood, and men have actually come to blows in the struggle to be the first into a promising cave as high tide falls back. Some get up before dawn to be first on the tideline; some do it the lazy way and drive a land Rover from end to end of the beach in a few minutes, making a of noise in the pross.
Jellyfish, pit props, fish boxes and far-flung timber riddled with shipworm and covered with goose barnaclees; the list of possibilities is endless, including everything from a tropical bean to a barrel of rum. The seashore is the most rewarding of habitats

I have money put away so im studying the net and forms to try buy the right tent and backpack and so on, regards Dave

Mouldsy

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009 »

What way are you planning on travelling? Are you walking taking a car? I would love to do a trip like this and if I can help you in any way or give advice, give me a shout and I will help if I can.
Good luck and I hope your dream comes true.
Davy.

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2009 »

I want to do it on foot, but if i need to use a boat or car at some stage to cross or get to some point fast then so be it. Cheers Mouldsy  im sure i will need help and advice of you all, but once i get my tent and back pack and things ill be up for any kind of activity anyone is doing on NI WILD and it would be good if we all could start to hit the coast in different places to help prepare me and whoever else fancy it. Once i get all my stuff you we all hear right away even if it is the dead of winter  ;D 

Also at the minit im opening a coffee house under frames in Belfast so im very busy but once i get esablished, and time is on my side ill be busting to hit the coast at the weekends, to start to prepare me physicaley and mentality, all will be welcome. Regards Dave

Hunter

• Top Poster
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2009 »

Lads any time u wana go to Donegal just let me know i live 5 minutes from Donegal and i found a good forest were me and my son go for the day we put up a tarp the last time we were out and lite a fire (i would put up Pic's if i knew how) so let me know week days better for me as i drive a taxi i need to work weekends so just get the train down to stroke city and we'll go for a day trip!

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2009 »

Dee 666, Thanks very much for that ofter and ill look forward to getting down there to stroke city.
You will hear from me in good time, regards David McCrum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]