Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Moyle way - 19th August - Dandering for Dosh  (Read 3248 times)

DominoYesMaybe

• Jr. Poster
    • Slightly Doolally

I am planning and have confirmed a wee squad of geeky danderers to do the lion's share of the Moyle way on the 19th of August this year, starting at (9am and we expect to be dandering forin Glenarriff, doing Trostan , Slieveanorra, then leaving the "way" and sumitting Croaghan and down into the forest finishing at Breen under Knocklayde. which is 20 miles (I do not do Kilometers nasty foreign things!) . We may do the circuit into ballycastle but that is mostly on road so .. I really couldnt be arsed with that.

My friend Eileen and I will be doing it for charity (as is our wont on our yearly big danders) the Disaster Emmergency Committee East Africa Appeal will probably be benificaries so I may well be asking for £'s on here in the weeks to come ;-) . However if you would like to join us for some or all of the dander you would be very welcome. You do not have to raise any money, Eileen Andy and I are the ones with the mission and we do not expect anyone else to join in. Everyone is welcome, as Chuck and Ciara will attest I am a gobshite of the highest water and I love new people to bore ;-).

Anyway the invite is there ... and here is the route http://www.walkjogrun.net/routes/current_route.cfm?rid=63556974-EE3F-87FF-E7FB9BFFE93E69CD&success=1
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011 by DominoYesMaybe »

DominoYesMaybe

• Jr. Poster
    • Slightly Doolally
Re: Moyle way - 19th August - Dandering for Dosh
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011 »

Right the Just Giving Site is up and running for donations for the Moyle way ... http://justgiving.com/dominodanderers
if you can spare the price of a pint or 2 please visit and click "Donate" .. if you want to join in let me know :-) oh and if you have twitter and face book accounts please pimp the link above :-)

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011 »

i split the difference and donated a pint and a half  ;D  good luck with the walk, i'd be tempted to join you but i think i'll be busy that weekend
think outside, no box required

DominoYesMaybe

• Jr. Poster
    • Slightly Doolally
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011 »

Thanks LandyLiam Much Appreciated :) ... I have been asked by my "odder" chums to do the walk in either (a) a kilt (b) a Tutu or (c) a Mankini, sadly pictures *have* to be provided as proof.. I am considering it.

Rumblebum

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
  • Fred! Come over here and smoke the meat!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011 »

Liam, did you not tell me that your free that weekend, i thought you said you had absolutely nothing on the weekend of the 19th, also are you not of a scotish background so a kilt would be no problem?
Domino fair play to you, that sounds like a good cause, and a good outing.
Youl never walk alone, youuul neveeer walllk......

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011 »

hey rumbly, that was only because you wanted me to go off and test your new one man tent together :o  the only scottish in me is whatever those mutant midges left when they bit me at ben crom, they were definitely of scottish descent
think outside, no box required

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]