Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Linked Events

• NI-Wild Camping Trip: January 23, 2010 - January 24, 2010
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Jan 23/24 10 Donard Forest Camping Trip  (Read 67382 times)

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Jan 23/24 10 Camping Trip
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010 »

Too right I spent my last birthday at the top of Slieve Bearnagh looking at a glow stick for fun  ::)

Was that your birthday? If I'd known I'd have hidden a cake for you in Micheals pack (no way I'm carrying an extra 400g birthday or not :))

kendogbaggio

• Top Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010 »

Have your bday party in Donard Wood :D

That would be perfect mate, i would come in from the donard wood carpark and carry the beer up all day until you's arrived... wishful thinking tho :-\ not to worry im sure there will be plenty more overnight trips in the coming months!

There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes, By the deep sea and the music in its roar; I love not man the less, but Nature more

ulsterwalker

• Top Poster
    • Ulster Way Blog
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010 »

I'm going to jump in on this as well, Its about time I got back into the hills, its been way too long!

The major kit decision for me will be whether I can be bothered carrying 2kilos of tripod and camera across the hills? Will probably regret carrying it at the time, but will be more annoyed if I don't bring it! Might post my kit list for anyone that's interested later on.

Maybe there should be a blanket invite email to all forum members for the weekend, just in case people don't think they're welcome or if they haven't been on in a long time? If anybody doesn't fancy the walk they could just meet up for the camp at Donard Wood?

billy backpack

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2010 »

Good man ........... The more the merrier  :)

I think the blanket invite is a top idea as I often wonder do people feel that way or are they thinking there's only a small clique of people that meet.

admin

• Administrator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2010 »

I'm going to jump in on this as well, Its about time I got back into the hills, its been way too long!
Maybe there should be a blanket invite email to all forum members for the weekend, just in case people don't think they're welcome or if they haven't been on in a long time? If anybody doesn't fancy the walk they could just meet up for the camp at Donard Wood?

No problems, I'll do this shortly.

chris

• Hero Poster
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2010 »

The major kit decision for me will be whether I can be bothered carrying 2kilos of tripod and camera across the hills? Will probably regret carrying it at the time, but will be more annoyed if I don't bring it! Might post my kit list for anyone that's interested later on.

I'll be bringing mine, dont let me feel left out!

Kirth

• Sr. Poster
    • Kirth Ferris Photography
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2010 »

If you were wanting to meet up with you guys on the Sunday, what route would you be taking and were would be the best place to meet you.  Thats if ya don't mind a Newbie tagging along.

chris

• Hero Poster
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2010 »

I think we're all headin back to meelmore lodge, if you were able to get to donard forest we could all leave together. Might be easier than tryin to meet you at a grid ref.

simon

• Top Poster
    • Northern Focus
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2010 »

Ulsterwalker alerted me to this trip and I may be interested in coming along!

Spark

• Top Poster
    • Causeway Coast Adventure Racing
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2010 »

I might like to do this also only 2 things anyone able to lend transport, and are there any other ladies going?

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2010 »

are there any other ladies going?

Katherine is going to come along with me, but she is going to skip the overnight stay in Donard Wood.  Not that she isnt game for it, just we are a bit short on gear for two.  We are planning to leave one car in Newcastle, and then take the other to Meelmore to start the walk.  Then when we get to Donard Wood Kat will walk on back to her car and head home to a warm house, and I will struggle to pitch a new tent :)  We are planning to do the Meelmore/Hares Gap leg though rather than the Horseshoe so might not be much use!

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2010 »

Might post my kit list for anyone that's interested later on.

Yes please :)

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2010 »

Katherine is going to come along with me, but she is going to skip the overnight stay in Donard Wood.  Not that she isnt game for it, just we are a bit short on gear for two.  We are planning to leave one car in Newcastle, and then take the other to Meelmore to start the walk.  Then when we get to Donard Wood Kat will walk on back to her car and head home to a warm house, and I will struggle to pitch a new tent :)  We are planning to do the Meelmore/Hares Gap leg though rather than the Horseshoe so might not be much use!

Excellent news, the more the merrier! I sent you a PM so we can start to organise the group leaving from Meelmore.

666_pack

• Hero Poster
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2010 »

looks like there will a good turn out for this one. REally looking forward to the weekend now.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HAVE FUN

Spark

• Top Poster
    • Causeway Coast Adventure Racing
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2010 »

Funny i was gonna ask if it was the same suspectmonkey..!! thats good only have to cadge a lift now..........anyone passing Ballymoney?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]