Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Linked Events

• Mountstewart Spring Fete: May 03, 2014 - May 04, 2014

Author Topic: Mountstewart Spring Fete 3rd -4th May  (Read 8495 times)

Aclimatise

• Newbie Poster
Mountstewart Spring Fete 3rd -4th May
« on: April 29, 2014 »

Just to let folks know my company Aclimatise will be having a stand at the Mountstewart Spring Fete Greyabbey, for those who are not out on the hills there are many special offers to be had ..plus a number of clearance items like Merino wool / Thermocool mix light weight Baselayers reduced to 1/2 price £17 ( limited stock) ..for May offers check out link http://aclimatise.co.uk/content/12-offers we are one of the few companies actually manufacturing performance gear in the UK & its 100% money back guaranteed if it doesn't perform: Also free key ring/bottle openers available on stand to visitors.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014 by admin »

Rich.H

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Mountstewart Spring Fete 3rd -4th May
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014 »

Can I ask how long the offers are on for? and do they apply to web orders or just on the day stall sales? I would love to pick up some gear but have developed an allergy to all things national trust in the past year or so.

What has me most interested is the Zephyr jacket, does it also have the same aluminum weave as the Osprey? and could you provide some pictures of the jacket when stored to get an idea of pack size and how it packs away? Cheers in advance and hope to throw an order in soon.

Aclimatise

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014 »

The offers are available online for the month of may: The zephyr jacket is just a lightweight 105g windproof shower repellant jacket i developed fro promotions : Currently looking to change the design hence promotion. The jacket when folded into the back pocket will fit inside a mug : i have attached one of the early videos ( not professional in any way) ..

Rich.H

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014 »

Now that is what I call an advert, if only some of the bigger name brands did that instead of stupid hollywoodesque epics then we may end up with products that were better value for money.

On a side not what is the status of the water resistance? Your video has you clearly saying "waterproof and running the jacket under a tap." However the website states "water resistant," would this jacket qualify as waterproof for outdoor adventure race type events for example? Many of them do state a jacket must be fully waterproof and not a pertex type material.

Aclimatise

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014 »

OOPs i shouldn't have said waterproof in the video : The Zephyr jacket would be of the pertex mould and i should have said water resistant : Think lightweight tent fabric . If you are looking for a lightweight waterproof garment we have the Merlin smock being launched later this month with one front pocket ( Riri Zips) and weighing in under 400g ..its fully waterproof and breathable with high moisture wicking capabilities and i think that would be closer to your requirements . RRP £150 launch price £120. Although i will probably  put up a special link for NIWild with a voucher code to offer a further £10 off . Original year old prototype being used in this years TGO challenge ( look at aran smock in this original review pro type made by Brenig and utilising the fabric in our Merlin jacket equivalent :http://www.alanrayneroutdoors.blogspot.co.uk/2013_07_01_archive.html

Just checked Alan Rayner is using the Aclimatise version in the TGO challenge

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014 »

I purchased the Zephyr jacket this week, wow  :o its soooo light and small it arrived in an envelope! I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened it and there was a jacket inside. I'm normally a large but I got the medium and it fits well, slightly longer arms would have been handy for covering the hands too. The zips goes quite high so the neck is well protected. Zip up pockets are very handy as also are the internal pockets (which aren't mentioned on the website  ??? ) these are very handy for a map & compass. The hood is a good fit and easily adjustable which is important for running. Hopefully I'll get to test it out in anger on the next Hill & Dale run. Of course with the extra space in my running bum bag now I'll be able to carry more pruck  :)
think outside, no box required

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]