Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: NIBA at the Carnfunnock Autumn Fest  (Read 3261 times)

Celt_Ginger

• Sr. Poster
NIBA at the Carnfunnock Autumn Fest
« on: September 26, 2009 »

The NIBA had a great day at the "Carnfunnock Autumn Fest" held in Larne, Northern Ireland. We had our own stand where we displayed and showed a variety of wild foods that were available in the park. There were plenty of faces pulled when they tried the crab apples or sloes etc. A lean to type shelter had also been constructed and there were plenty of volunteers eager to try it out. We had arranged a "woodland awareness walk" where Kids had to walk through a short stretch of woodland looking for various items of litter etc (that we had deliberately placed there) and note them down. We then followed that by having a talk on the importance of keeping the woods clean and tidy. Highlight of the day though was the fire lighting demos which included bow drill, flint and steel, amadu, cramp balls and even battery. We also helped with the umpiring at the "Carnfunnock Conker Championships". We have had a good amount of positive feed back and plenty of publicity including local papers and radio. All in all it was a great day. I was so busy during the day that I only managed to take 3 photos.

the lean to shelter. Note the raised bed with soft rush bedding

Some of the wild food available.

and more.

I would like to thank all concerned for all the hard work that went in to organising this event. Hopefully it will be the first of many.

It was also great to be able to meet NeilB, Cardmin and Wolf Larson. We'll look forward to plenty of other meet ups in the future.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009 by Celt_Ginger »

Celt_Ginger

• Sr. Poster
Re: NIBA at the Carnfunnock Autumn Fest
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009 »

BUMP. Content added.

Mouldsy

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009 »

the day went really well with plenty of interest shown from every-body who attended the show, I would personally like to thank Paul and Gary for all the hard work they put into erecting the shelter the night before and also planning the events for the day.
Great job lads and I hope everything works out and there is plenty more of these sort of days for the future.
Davy.

Wolf_Larson

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009 »

I was very inpressed with the commitment inthoseasum and knowledge the NIBA lads had showed from are little chat, and they looked very professional.

I also think its good that they make it a fun day for kids, and the big kids. (us)  ;D

I also like the fact that they have not forgot the intrinsic of years gone by.

I would also like to thank them on showing there skills to the public. I wish NIBA all the success in the future.

Regards Dave

The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]