Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Guest Information

This forum is intended as a meeting place for anyone from Northern Ireland interested in outdoor activities. Everyone's welcome and we're family friendly covering just about anything on land and sea. Members organise events regularly and there's always plenty of chat on all aspects of outdoor life in Northern Ireland and you'll get plenty of information on any topic that takes your interest.

Not all sections are available to non-members so click here to sign up for free today and join us for some outdoors fun!

Click here for basic information on the forum and here for how to post events.

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
 on: August 20, 2019 
Started by AndrewC - Last post by RedLeader
Brilliant, well done. I'd love to have the level of fitness needed. Maybe next year ;)

on: August 13, 2019 
Started by AndrewC - Last post by seanbranagh
Congratulations! It is a great achievement!

I actually didn't do it. Because we had already done it earlier in the year (and The Mourne Wall also) we decided we didn't want to face the weather.
Looking back now of course I wish I had went!

Started by AndrewC - Last post by AndrewC
Well that’s the Seven Sevens done. On Friday I have never checked the weather so often and it was changing all the time. At tea time we decided that due to the thunder and lighting we would play it safe and not take part. Then another check of the weather and it was improving. Rucksack was packed and alarm set for 4.30am
Signed on at 6.30am and we where off at 7am in the rain. Straight up the Glen river and up Donard in a record time for me. Up Commedagh then down onto the Brandy pad and the rain had now stopped. Quick bite to eat at Hares Gap and it was up Bearnagh as usual it was a slow hard slog. Legs started to feel it on Meelmore and Meelbeg but we were making good time. Straight of the side of Meelbeg and across the bog to Ben Crom. Thankfully it was not as bad as I expected it to be. We made the Ben Crom check point at 1.45pm 45mins before the 2.30pm cut off.

It was then straight up Binnian and legs were now really feeling it and the pace was a slow plod. On the descent I was having pain in my left knee which slowed things big time. Then onto Lamagan and it saved a special sort of kicking for me in the way only Lamagan can. It was then a slow plod back to Newcastle in the heavy rain finishing just before 9pm.

We had done it! after may years of talking about It. Great event and very well run.

Lots of lessons learned for next year!!!!

Started by Dowser - Last post by Glenn B
September could possibly work better for me also :)

Started by Dowser - Last post by Dowser
I think this one is going to have to be postponed until September. I took myself off to Donegal for a week and will need another week to recover!

Started by Dowser - Last post by RedLeader
Alas, I'm unavailable on both weekends now, life has struck again. That said, I'm still keen to get the kids out so I'd consider trying for another date in Sep.

Started by Dowser - Last post by Rugged Track
Any further ideas on the dates?

I am not available on 24th as at Stiff Little Fingers and Therapy etc at Custom House square.
Thanks

on: August 06, 2019 
Started by AndrewC - Last post by AndrewC
Thanks,

Am really nervous, keep checking on the weather forecasts in a hope of finding a more positive one. Cant see me getting much sleep on Friday night.

Hope you have a good event. Thanks for the advice. Look forward to hearing how you get on.   

on: August 06, 2019 
Started by AndrewC - Last post by seanbranagh
Good luck on Saturday if you are still doing this!
I will be doing it myself for the second time this year. I done it back in June for Cancer Focus NI.
Funny though, no matter how many times I do it, it never gets easier and I still always feel really anxious about it beforehand!

on: August 01, 2019 
Started by Dowser - Last post by Rugged Track
I have never made this camp yet!  I have always missed it.  I will check all the dates.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]