Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: this week  (Read 8741 times)

pablo

• Sr. Poster
this week
« on: December 28, 2009 »

anyone heading out this week into the trees?

id like to get out round a fire somewhere in the cold,maybe whittle a spoon and chew the fat for a while?

just an idea.

NeilB

• Top Poster
Re: this week
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009 »

Me and Dave (kendogbaggio) are going to try and head out to Ballyboley Forest, was having quick look at forestry service website and seen it, big resevoir and plenty of woodland, then seen some stories about how its haunted and none of the locals every go into it, talk of druids and people going missing.

So i thought that sounds like a plan lol

NeilB

• Top Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009 »

btw meant to ask about how the knives are coming along and if you have a couple of bushcraft stylie knives, still looking to buy 1 dude if there are any left?

Paul

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009 »

Your too late Neil the gates to the other worlds have closed not open again til Dec 21st next year.

NeilB

• Top Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009 »

21st you say Paul?

Your from that neck of the woods mate? What is that forest like, is it as spooky as made out?

MG1

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009 »

Me and Dave (kendogbaggio) are going to try and head out to Ballyboley Forest, was having quick look at forestry service website and seen it, big resevoir and plenty of woodland, then seen some stories about how its haunted and none of the locals every go into it, talk of druids and people going missing.

So i thought that sounds like a plan lol
This sounds like a plan where is this forest?
If you die with all your parts working your not trying hard enough!

pablo

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009 »

yeah sounds interesting,gates closed??? ghosts?

should be fun i recon.

Neil,im still grinding away and theres a knife if your interested.

ive ordered leather,waxed thread and dye so i,ll be stitching sheaths for them too.

if you have a custom shape youd like i can do that too as long as total width aint wider than 40mm in 3mm or 30 mm in 4 mm.red or black liners and birch(not curly or anything special) or oak handles finished with boiled linseed oil.

billy backpack

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Sr. Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009 »

Have you guy's been to Balyboley yet ?

I live close by and been there loads but as yet haven't noticed any paranormal activity  :o

The Forestry Service entrance is easy to miss although there are others on the main Shanes Hill road on the way to Ballymena. When you get into the forest there are trails that have been made by mountain bikes and presumably motorbikes but you can get well into the trees and have a real rumage about.

Hunter

• Top Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009 »

mighty fine looking knives pablo would'nt mind getting my hands on 1 if they are for sale  ???
One life live it !       http://hunterforum.webs.com/

pablo

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009 »

no problem mate,which one do you want?

ive leather coming in the post so i,ll be knocking a few sheaths up for the knives i make. no point having a big sharp thing without somewhere safe to keep it.

dont expect em to be faultless yet im still a beginner but if anyone wants one then gimme a shout,

i,ll be doing blanks too so you can fit your own handles if you like.and i guarantee everyone will be slightly different lol.or if you have a design youd like done then just give me the template.

they were offered at 45 quid without a sheath but id need 20 quid for a sheath. or you could do that yourself too if you like . i can supply the leather when it arrives.

Celt_Ginger

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010 »

Any chance of getting one to test and review Pablo? I'll give it a proper Bushcraft workout and I'll post up the results.

NeilB

• Top Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010 »

Sorry pablo for hijacking this thread just had a look back and seen how it started, if still avaible I will take the lower blade in the pic above the 1 with wider blade.

Hunter

• Top Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010 »

the Bottom 1 nearst your thumb i like the look off that,so is that £65 +p & p ? just let me know when you need the money and i'll you email my address and you can email me back with yours.

Many thanks Pablo,
Damien.
One life live it !       http://hunterforum.webs.com/

pablo

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010 »

Any chance of getting one to test and review Pablo? I'll give it a proper Bushcraft workout and I'll post up the results.

sure, just let me make a good one first lol.

pablo

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010 »

Sorry pablo for hijacking this thread just had a look back and seen how it started, if still avaible I will take the lower blade in the pic above the 1 with wider blade.

right then,its yours Neil.check your pm box.

Dee666, ive a blade without the handle on it yet and im doing a few more today.the leather should arrive next week when the postie starts again.the handle will be birch with red liners like the one above.that price is correct too mate.should be ready in about a week if your still interested.
check your message box.

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]