Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Akto  (Read 4375 times)

NeilB

• Top Poster
Akto
« on: April 20, 2010 »

Just ordered this new tent, had the pro lite and its great wee tent but just wanted to treat myself and get 1 with good space for travelling about and no-one tell her or im a dead man!, andy think this might do us 2 on ben nevis, have a wee look at dimenions and see what you think, will get it up this week and check it for size for 2 people, although might be a bit tight for 2

http://www.buachaille.com/p352-2-17/1-Man-Tents/Hilleberg-Akto.html

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Akto
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010 »

A Pro Action Lite to an Akto is a hell of an upgrade. I'd love a decent brand tent but anything in that price range is a bit much for me.

NeilB

• Top Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010 »

I know what you mean it put me off buying it for ages the price, but it wore me down eventually, i have been researching like mad on a new tent something that can take abuse and something light and that i can use all the time that the materials will stand up to and the akto hit everything, its my 1 treat now and this tent will last me years

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010 »

Very nice!  I was surprised at the photos on the link you posted at how big the porch is.  Looks like you could cook in there nicely with the door zipped up if the weather turned foul.  Does the likes of the Terra Nova's have a space like that?  Not that it really matters, both of them are a bit out of my price range :)

Matthew

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010 »

.  Does the likes of the Terra Nova's have a space like that?  Not that it really matters, both of them are a bit out of my price range :)

I have Just bought the laser..... from looking at the photos the Akto does have a large porch, probably bigger than the lasers though the space in the laser is grand for my needs, bag storage, cooking etc. 

NeilB

• Top Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010 »

The laser is a damn good tent also it was on my short list also plus it only comes in at like 900 grammes that is a kick ass weight for the price

ulsterwalker

• Top Poster
    • Ulster Way Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010 »

I've got a laser comp and the porch is plenty big, enough room to cook in and have an admin cluster as well, I've heard the Akto's porch is larger, but with an extra 500grams I'd like to see some extra space!

Personally if I was spending that sort of money on a one manner I'd have got the lesser known TarpTent Scarp 1, with the markII fly sheet and the crossing poles for use in snow, it looks the mutts nutts!!

Either way hope you and your Akto have many happy nights together!

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]