Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Guest Information

This forum is intended as a meeting place for anyone from Northern Ireland interested in outdoor activities. Everyone's welcome and we're family friendly covering just about anything on land and sea. Members organise events regularly and there's always plenty of chat on all aspects of outdoor life in Northern Ireland and you'll get plenty of information on any topic that takes your interest.

Not all sections are available to non-members so click here to sign up for free today and join us for some outdoors fun!

Click here for basic information on the forum and here for how to post events.

Forum News

Upcoming Events

There are currently no events in the next 30 days.
Some events are only visible to members. Click here to register for free

Follow NI-Wild

Tweets

Contact us if you would like added to this feed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: June 19, 2018 
Started by Andy-D - Last post by Andy-D
Too true, yea the little bliters were out in the evening for sure but had the deet plastered on and also had a head net if they had got crazy bad.  Hammock (DD Frontline) has the net built in so it was all good in it, great job.

Started by phil_b - Last post by phil_b
I had always wanted to try a sunrise shoot around the Devils Coachroad area in the Mournes with the idea of the rising sun lighting up Cove, Beg and Slieve Lamagan to my right.
In late January i decided to give it a go, snow had fallen in the couple of day previous and the forecast for the morning was any snow/rain clearing up from 6am and broken cloud hopefully giving me a chance of a nice sunrise. I was walking from before 6am up the Trassey Track to Hares Gap and then along the Brandy Pad to the Devils Coachroad. It started to snow shortly after i started to walk and from Hares Gap i was pushing my way through up to 1ft of snow with my head down in a blizzard! So much for the forecast. When i got light there was definately no sign of a sunrise though the views were still spectacular.

A couple of shots of me above the Devils Coachroad

DSC_1514 by Philip Blair, on Flickr

The Devils Coachroad by Philip Blair, on Flickr

DSC_1519 by Philip Blair, on Flickr

DSC_1528 by Philip Blair, on Flickr

A large panorama from Hares Gap on the left right round to the Annalong Valley on the right.

DSC_1529-Pano-Edit by Philip Blair, on Flickr

Myself and my Labrador Jess

DSC_1575 by Philip Blair, on Flickr

I headed across country to one of the rivers that runs down to Ben Crom Reservoir

DSC_1588 by Philip Blair, on Flickr

DSC_1594 by Philip Blair, on Flickr

DSC_1606 by Philip Blair, on Flickr

Walkers on the way up towards the North Tor of Slieve Bernagh

DSC_1612 by Philip Blair, on Flickr

DSC_1563-Pano by Philip Blair, on Flickr

Great pics  :) :)

Thanks Glen

thats amazing, hard to believe such views are right on our doorsteps

Yep, the Mournes are a fantastic place!

Started by Andy-D - Last post by Glenn B
I love my hammock, super comfy for us auld todgers with the bad backs. How did you get on with the midges?

Started by phil_b - Last post by Glenn B
Great pics  :) :)

Started by phil_b - Last post by NIPupper
thats amazing, hard to believe such views are right on our doorsteps

on: June 18, 2018 
WOW! Beautiful photos, a reward for braving the conditions!

I'm sure you had your doubts when climbing up in the dark and cloud.  What a result.  Lovely captures, thanks for sharing.

Class photos!

Thanks for the comments guys. It was awesome when i got up there and i was treated to some nice light but it was tough too.

on: June 18, 2018 
Started by phil_b - Last post by whoRya
I'm sure you had your doubts when climbing up in the dark and cloud.  What a result.  Lovely captures, thanks for sharing.

on: June 17, 2018 
Started by Andy-D - Last post by Andy-D
Was in two mind to go camping as my Sciatica was playing up.  When I got home from work the choice was made, the hammock & tarp etc which had been  ordered on Thursday night had arrived, happy days!!
First time in a hammock and I have to say that it was extremely comfortable and relatively easy to setup. Great night was had and weather was 100%.

on: June 17, 2018 
Started by phil_b - Last post by Rugged Track
WOW! Beautiful photos, a reward for braving the conditions!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Bottom Sponsor