Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Guest Information

This forum is intended as a meeting place for anyone from Northern Ireland interested in outdoor activities. Everyone's welcome and we're family friendly covering just about anything on land and sea. Members organise events regularly and there's always plenty of chat on all aspects of outdoor life in Northern Ireland and you'll get plenty of information on any topic that takes your interest.

Not all sections are available to non-members so click here to sign up for free today and join us for some outdoors fun!

Click here for basic information on the forum and here for how to post events.

Forum News

Upcoming Events

There are currently no events in the next 30 days.
Some events are only visible to members. Click here to register for free

Follow NI-Wild

Tweets

Contact us if you would like added to this feed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: August 15, 2018 
Started by RedLeader - Last post by NorthernSky
thanks

on: August 09, 2018 
Started by NIPupper - Last post by NIPupper

The Alpkit saved the day!..bet your gad you packed it.  Cheers

haha, to right, things would have been particularly bleak without the alpkit!

Started by NIPupper - Last post by Rugged Track

Did the tent leak? I just used Fabsil Gold and put it on with paint brush to reproof waterproofing 2 of my tents. What sort of bivy did you use? I take it was a breathable one and not a plastic type.  Did the waterproofing hold on the bivy ok?

Cheers for the info, imma going to try that! yes it leaked, right at the start the rain was super heavy for about 10mins, it was like it was raining inside the tent, i didn't have it well set up either which didn't help. i've got a hunka xl bivy, it's great didn't leak at all. the top of the tent where it was more taught was kind of ok so the two hounds and my head where all hanging up there. still had my coat on with the hood up thou! as one drip seemed to get me. when i got home and took the tent out of it's bag i was pouring water out.

The Alpkit saved the day!..bet your gad you packed it.  Cheers

Did the tent leak? I just used Fabsil Gold and put it on with paint brush to reproof waterproofing 2 of my tents. What sort of bivy did you use? I take it was a breathable one and not a plastic type.  Did the waterproofing hold on the bivy ok?

Cheers for the info, imma going to try that! yes it leaked, right at the start the rain was super heavy for about 10mins, it was like it was raining inside the tent, i didn't have it well set up either which didn't help. i've got a hunka xl bivy, it's great didn't leak at all. the top of the tent where it was more taught was kind of ok so the two hounds and my head where all hanging up there. still had my coat on with the hood up thou! as one drip seemed to get me. when i got home and took the tent out of it's bag i was pouring water out.

on: August 08, 2018 
cheers, well worth a visit. the rain was crazy, glad i brought my bivy bag and tent. would of got soaked without the bivy.

cheers, well worth a visit. the rain was crazy, glad i brought my bivy bag and tent. would of got soaked without the bivy.

Making me hungry!   ;D

it was great, kind of like pop corn chicken but much better!

That's a feast and a half and looks like another great outing.

cheers!. it's a good wee spot that one.

on: August 07, 2018 
Started by NIPupper - Last post by specimanYak
That's a feast and a half and looks like another great outing.

Started by NIPupper - Last post by specimanYak
Great vid and information, never knew that place was there and it's really handy to get too for a visit. Shame about that 'bloody' rain!

Making me hungry!   ;D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

BLACK MOUNTAIN WALK by Rugged Track [August 02, 2018]

hey! by specimanYak [July 17, 2018]

Canadian Canoeing by biglongdarren [July 01, 2018]

Fire near Bloody Bridge by Margaret [June 30, 2018]

Annalong Wood, 16th June? by Andy-D [June 19, 2018]

Slieve Binnian, February by phil_b [June 19, 2018]