Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Guest Information

This forum is intended as a meeting place for anyone from Northern Ireland interested in outdoor activities. Everyone's welcome and we're family friendly covering just about anything on land and sea. Members organise events regularly and there's always plenty of chat on all aspects of outdoor life in Northern Ireland and you'll get plenty of information on any topic that takes your interest.

Not all sections are available to non-members so click here to sign up for free today and join us for some outdoors fun!

Click here for basic information on the forum and here for how to post events.

Forum News

Upcoming Events

There are currently no events in the next 30 days.
Some events are only visible to members. Click here to register for free

Follow NI-Wild

Tweets

Contact us if you would like added to this feed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: January 16, 2019, 01:10:44 pm 
Started by admin - Last post by RedLeader
Such sad news. I didn't think anyone had died in the Mournes in years from accidents never mind two people in the same day.

on: January 16, 2019, 01:07:40 pm 
Started by ourweecaves - Last post by RedLeader
A crowd of brave individuals did go caving but I stayed at home in bed!

Welcome. Have to say, I can't think of much more scary than caving, I'm no fan of  dark enclosed places :)

Didn’t you do a caving trip that was organised through the forum a few years ago?

on: January 15, 2019 
Started by ourweecaves - Last post by ourweecaves
Welcome. I was a member of the Queens University Caving club many years ago. It's amazing how we forget the months and even years that go by as our days run from one to another - but we remember a 10 minute period of a caving experience we had 40 years ago. I was in Marble Arch caves before it was opened and we were using a dingy, which leaked... any way I'll tell you all about it when we get out this year.... Kevin

Wow! Marble arch before it opened {which was about 1985 I think}. That is pretty special - there aren't many who got to see it in it's undeveloped state.
We made to the "Great Stalactite" in Doolin Cave in Co. Clare many years ago, on our hands and knees, before it was developed into a show cave. Those are memories that last for sure.

Thanks for the welcome everyone by the way  :)

on: January 14, 2019 
Started by Kayakkev - Last post by Glenn B
Welcome aboard Kev.

Started by ourweecaves - Last post by Kayakkev
Welcome. I was a member of the Queens University Caving club many years ago. It's amazing how we forget the months and even years that go by as our days run from one to another - but we remember a 10 minute period of a caving experience we had 40 years ago. I was in Marble Arch caves before it was opened and we were using a dingy, which leaked... any way I'll tell you all about it when we get out this year.... Kevin

Started by admin - Last post by whoRya
It's really difficult to take in that there were two dreadful tragedies on the one day.  Very sad for all their loved ones. 

Started by RedLeader - Last post by seanbranagh
Alex Honnold is mental, a "few sandwiches short of a picnic" my mum would have said. Incredibly talented guy!
He features in my favourite add for North Face, appropriately called "Question Madness"

Started by admin - Last post by seanbranagh
Incredibly shocking and tragic news. I feel for the families of the victims.
This time of year I spend quite a bit of time in The Mournes hiking and camping after work, alone in the dark.
The news of these deaths yesterday really shocked me; a reminder that we can never be too careful or become complacent when it comes to safety.

Started by admin - Last post by Rugged Track
Very sad day in the Mournes.  Terrible news.  Thoughts with the families at this sad time.

on: January 13, 2019 
Started by RedLeader - Last post by Heggs
 ;D ;D ;D Not even a tiny chance! Wouldn't even consider it lol

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Bottom Sponsor