Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Guest Information

This forum is intended as a meeting place for anyone from Northern Ireland interested in outdoor activities. Everyone's welcome and we're family friendly covering just about anything on land and sea. Members organise events regularly and there's always plenty of chat on all aspects of outdoor life in Northern Ireland and you'll get plenty of information on any topic that takes your interest.

Not all sections are available to non-members so click here to sign up for free today and join us for some outdoors fun!

Click here for basic information on the forum and here for how to post events.

Forum News

Upcoming Events

There are currently no events in the next 30 days.
Some events are only visible to members. Click here to register for free

Follow NI-Wild

Tweets

Contact us if you would like added to this feed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: October 20, 2018, 04:07:54 pm 
Started by admin - Last post by Glenn B
Good stuff.

on: October 20, 2018, 12:18:43 pm 
Started by admin - Last post by specimanYak
Yes, I'll be up for this guys.

on: October 20, 2018, 12:17:37 pm 
Started by NI walker - Last post by specimanYak
Hi NI walker, I've hiked quite a few of the same routes you've mentioned (and plan to do as much of The Ulster Way as well) and I get where you're coming from. On The Moyle Way, Ring of Gullion Way or most of the routes that require an overnighter, there is no where 'legal' to set up camp. It's a bit baffling that we have these glorious trails than take a few days to walk but if you camp out along the way then you're more than likely camping 'illegally' on someones land but that's the only option.

Good luck with the rest of the routes.

on: October 19, 2018 
Started by admin - Last post by torp
 :-X ::) :o me and toots lol

Happy days big man it'll be good to get a wee catch up with a few wee toots at the fire  ;D :D

Started by Radcc - Last post by Glenn B
Give Google maps a wee look, there's loads of patches of woodland you could sneak into for quick overnight camps. Establishing a semi permanent camp somewhere may be a bit harder to do as most of our forests and woods tend to be small and well travelled with dog walkers, mountain bikers and in the warmer months quite busy with people just out for a walk.
If your interested I'm planning a camp in clandeboye Wood 3rd November hopefully with a few other guys on the site, your more than welcome to join us.

Started by admin - Last post by torp
Count me in Mucker :o ;D :D ;)

Folks planning a wee night up in the woods around Helens Tower, Saturday 3rd - Sunday 4th November. If you fancy getting out give me a wee shout.

Started by Radcc - Last post by Radcc
Hey Glenn, I would like to find somewhere for the odd overnight stay on the weekends. I was hoping to establish a camp somewhere secluded.

on: October 18, 2018 
Started by Radcc - Last post by Glenn B
Welcome to the forum, probably depends on whether you want to incorporate a bit of wild camping in along with your bushcraft.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Invites for Short Notice Trips and Outings by Glenn B [October 20, 2018, 04:07:54 pm]

The Ulster Way a bit at a time by specimanYak [October 20, 2018, 12:17:37 pm]

Hi All by Glenn B [October 19, 2018]

New Walking Shoes by NorthernSky [October 17, 2018]

Clandeboye Way 31.08.18 by Rugged Track [October 09, 2018]

Slieve Commedagh 22.09.18 by specimanYak [September 28, 2018]

Hen Mountain by AndrewC [September 24, 2018]

Slieve Meelmore 29.06.18 by AndrewC [September 24, 2018]

foraging events upcoming by NIPupper [September 12, 2018]

Chinese Jetboil by torp [September 12, 2018]

Hello All by whitearsm [September 01, 2018]

Canadian Canoeing by whitearsm [August 25, 2018]

BLACK MOUNTAIN WALK by Rugged Track [August 02, 2018]