Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Who loves new gear???  (Read 2254 times)

LennyJ1

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
  • Has climbed with NI-Wild
    • Outdoor Gear UK
Who loves new gear???
« on: March 23, 2012 »

So with the TGO Challenge only 49 days away (Thats right dave)!!! got all my new kit. It mostly lightweight or perfect for long distance backpacking and was just wanting to share what I got.

So first thing is my new tent. Got a Mountain Hardwear Sprite 1. weighs in at abuot 1.6kg and has some really good fetures, looking forward to getting into it next weekend.

Also bought the Kodak Sport C123 waterproof camera, hoping to get some good action shots with that.

Black Diamond Walking poles, now I know that poles have been a touchie subject on here, but they are so helpful when going up and down hill to help on your knees. they also have clamps on the shaft instead of twists.

Teva Zilch Sandals, they are amazing, lightweight (Very) comfotable & well they just look cool. Got them for mainly river crossings but may wear them more oftern on the TGO and take trainers instead of my booys (not sure on that)

Exped 20l waterproof daypack, this will be used to protect my sleeping bag during the trip but will also be used as carry on lugage at the airports.

Thats it, I really am a gear junkie. ;D
No one goes inside to clear their head

twentyclicks

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
  • Photographer, wanderer, bike enthusiast
    • twentyclicks
Re: Who loves new gear???
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012 »

Only 49 days! flip. That came around fast from all the excitement waiting to see if you got a place  :D

Nice porch in that tent, and should be really solid.
Good thinking on the river-crossing sandals... may be nice in camp too, let the feet rest.
Waterproof camera - you'll be getting the memories (envy makers) no matter the weather!
BD do good poles. They certainly help with big loads or pushing out a bit of make-up-the-distance miles. I don't use my Leki's much but they always come in handy for certain trips... would never sell them... well, except to upgrade  ;)
Craig
-----------------------
"Go thou my incense upward from this hearth,
And ask the gods to pardon this clear flame." - Thoreau

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]