Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mourne Seven Sevens 2013 (10th August)  (Read 42968 times)

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
Re: Mourne Seven Sevens 2013 (10th August)
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013 »

Well who all did it and how did you do?

I chickened out to save my sore foot from getting worse, instead I did the Zero Sevens, where I touched each of the 7 mountains but stayed as low as possible, still took 4.5hrs to cover 22km, absolutely wrecked me so I was right not to tackle the 7 7s as I should really have done more long distance training. Strangely enough, my sore foot almost feels ok now  ;D (rest of my body is in trouble though  :( )

think outside, no box required

phil_b

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013 »

Myself and my brother did it, finished in 10.5 hours. Just glad to get it done and raised over £900 for Cancer Research.

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013 »

Brilliant work Phil.

phil_b

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013 »

And never mind the bloody seven sevens ofnthe airshow, could someone tell me why they both had to be held on the same day? From we left the compeditors car park to Bryansford took almost 2  hours, traffic was at a complete standstill. Almost 3 hours to get home, I did it in 45 mins this morning going up. Was a really terrible end to a great day out and I will never do the event again if they are both on the same day :-[

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013 »

Trick is to book a table in a nice restaurant for when you finish so you relax while everyone else struggles with traffic, although we tried this today and had to cancel the booking as the airshow was delayed  :(

bbmcg

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013 »

I did it too . though it took a grueling 13 hrs 43 mins lol. but i wasn't out to make good time , i was simply out to finish it. but hey at least we didn't get stuck in traffic like Phil !! Cant believe my first hike in mournes was only a year ago, we've come a long way since. totally cream crackered now and aching everywhere so Will wait a few days before deciding if ill ever tackle the sevens again. Cant believe the winning runner was only 3 hrs 46, 10 hrs faster than us lol
Getting to the top is optional.Getting down is mandatory.

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2013 »

Just completing it is an amazing acievement, well done. I'm looking forward to next year already, I have to do this  :)

Rumblebum

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
  • Fred! Come over here and smoke the meat!
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013 »

Really well done guys!!!  :)

Today when you tell your mates what you've just accomplished, their gonna think your bonkers, I love that!!!

Twenty clicks how'd you get on this year, did you run it dressed as a penguin?

RB
Youl never walk alone, youuul neveeer walllk......

phil_b

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2013 »

I did it too . though it took a grueling 13 hrs 43 mins lol. but i wasn't out to make good time , i was simply out to finish it. but hey at least we didn't get stuck in traffic like Phil !! Cant believe my first hike in mournes was only a year ago, we've come a long way since. totally cream crackered now and aching everywhere so Will wait a few days before deciding if ill ever tackle the sevens again. Cant believe the winning runner was only 3 hrs 46, 10 hrs faster than us lol

Congratulations on getting round too, we must have met you somewhere. We were like you, we just wanted to make it round and also like you we had never been in the mountains until July last year. Dont know if I would bother with doing it again though, would like to do the Mourne Wall now.

bbmcg

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2013 »

Thanks Phil, you must be pleased with your time. I was the one bickering with her husband the whole way round lol. Him ---- Brenda ,hurry up........Me ---- it's not a race ya know, I'm going as fast as i can !!!  :D the thoughts of ever having to cross that bog after meelbeg again would put me off it but I'll never say never. Though like yourself i do fancy the mourne wall challenge ;)
Getting to the top is optional.Getting down is mandatory.

Rumblebum

• Hero Poster
  • Fred! Come over here and smoke the meat!
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2013 »

Congratulations on getting round too, we must have met you somewhere. We were like you, we just wanted to make it round and also like you we had never been in the mountains until July last year. Dont know if I would bother with doing it again though, would like to do the Mourne Wall now.
You say that now Phil, and then in a couple of months time youl start to wonder if you were to do it again, how could you shave off a couple of minutes here and there, just you wait and see lol  ;D
Youl never walk alone, youuul neveeer walllk......

madmickie

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2013 »

you'll be glad to know that after his 3:45 time Jonny Steed drove to Cushendall for a well deserved few pints as part of usual post Lurig race fun, and he looked fresh as a daisy!!

twentyclicks

• Hero Poster
  • Photographer, wanderer, bike enthusiast
    • twentyclicks
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2013 »

Twenty clicks how'd you get on this year, did you run it dressed as a penguin?

I was working Saturday so ran the Wall on Sunday with a few mates instead. It wasn't race pace, but still a big effort. Back to the car just under 7hrs.

Well done all the Seveners it really is a tough day out!
Craig
-----------------------
"Go thou my incense upward from this hearth,
And ask the gods to pardon this clear flame." - Thoreau

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2013 »

Thanks Phil, you must be pleased with your time. I was the one bickering with her husband the whole way round lol. Him ---- Brenda ,hurry up........Me ---- it's not a race ya know, I'm going as fast as i can !!!  :D the thoughts of ever having to cross that bog after meelbeg again would put me off it but I'll never say never. Though like yourself i do fancy the mourne wall challenge ;)

Hmmm, I wonder if you were the couple that led me along the boggy route off Meelbeg to the Ben Crom river (I was in grey trousers and black tshirt with black x-race rucksack)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]