Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Saturday 29th May - Silent Valley  (Read 9131 times)

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Saturday 29th May - Silent Valley
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010 »

Looks awesome. I'll add it to my list of places for an overnighter!

Apologies for the thread hijack, all go about your business, nothing to see here!

What's the Pot of Legawherry like? I can see it on the map but I've never been there.
It looks like nothing on the map...but it's actually quite cool...Hmm...may not be able to do it justice with my description tho (some photos from my recce last week) Imagine a ring of quite rocky cliffs and gullies around the edge of a flat 1/4 mile (ish) area (enclosed enough to get an echo). A steam runs through it falling down quite steeply to the valley below (turning into the Spinkwee?). It's seems to have only got one or two good pitches that are right at the water's edge, the rest of the area seemed quite boggy, but plenty of dry flat spot a bit deeper into the Pot. Some of the pics here show views down into it from the wall.

Folks seems to do it by coming up from Tollymore....but I prefer coming across from Trassey Track and contouring around the valley to it only because I hate walking through woods, prefer having a view.

Matthew

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010 »

Fixed my original fumble.... dam the lack of spell check :P
What browser are you using Matthew, Firefox allows you to install dictionaries that automatically underline misspelt words. IE may have similar add-ons. (anyone else see my subtle sucking up to Sir tactic?  ::))
[/quote]

Stupid Internet explored, the filtering on these work laptops is so strict you cannot install or change a thing. I’m surprised this forum is allowed.

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2010 »

So any takers for this one?  Both me and Kat are planning to be at the Silent Valley car park for 10am, which is when the car park opens, and setting off as close to this time as possible.  If you are going let me know either by post or PM so I can keep an eye out for you in the car park :)

ChuckMcB

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010 »

No go for me, sorry. Me and my Dad will be over Trassey direction getting set up to say out over night, his first wild camp in years so we are going directly to the pitch (didn't even want to do a quick sprint up to Hares Gap on Sat at this stage).

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010 »

No worries Chuck, hopefully catch you at another trip sometime soon :)
Pages: 1 [2]

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]