Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: NI Route maps  (Read 2972 times)

ChuckMcB

NI Route maps
« on: May 28, 2010 »

My Dad's been saving the route card from a popular walking magazine (name not mentioned on purpose) since forever, I finally grabbed the NI ones today and scanned them by County. They are A5 double sided, one side with full map...other with a big of route waffle

Hope these are of use if anyone need inspiration....and if you like these walks you know which popular walking magazine you should buy as a thank you ;)

Co Antrim
Co Tyrone
Co Down
Co Fermanagh
Co Londonderry

(please let me know if this post could cause the forums copyright problems...or admins: just delete it...no worries from here..I know what it's like out there)

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
Re: NI Route maps
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010 »

Excellent, the magazines I read don't normally include NI on their route cards.  I think its because a lot of them use Anquet mapping and as far as I know they still don't cover NI.

Speaking of route cards, you can download some blank route cards from the Silva Navigation School.  I read about them in my Cicerone Navigation book, but it took me a while to find them on the website.  If you click the second combo box on the left there is a section titled "Freebies".  You can download a blank route card to fill out in PDF format, or in XLS so you can save your routes on your computer.  Handy if you want to give them to someone in case of emergency and/or keep a record of your routes for future reference.  You can also download a really handy Romer scale, although admittedly this is better printed on some transparency like overhead projector sheets.

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]