Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Asics Trainers  (Read 8150 times)

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Asics Trainers
« on: August 27, 2014 »

A sports physio recommended Asics trainers for my mild to moderate over pronation. Does anyone know much about them, are they comfy / value for money?

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
Re: Asics Trainers
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014 »

I use them and quite like them, although I have normal pronation. They do make a vast range though and i'm sure they cater for different pronations. I went to up and running and did the treadmill video test, well worth it, then tried on various trainers and ran on the treadmill again. Asics 1160 were my favourite in my price range, interestingly I found the previous years model (asics 1150) really uncomfortable, so it certainly worth training many on. As I got more into the running I found I could wear almost any trainer now for a few miles, I even did a 4 mile tarmac jog in my mid approach boots! So spend good money on your first pair & you'll be ready for the hill and dales next season  ;)
think outside, no box required

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014 »

Sounds perfect. Where is Up and Running? Their website just has an advert for a new Belfast Store. Not sure I'm quite at Hill and Dales level yet, more like Chip'n'Dale ;)

I use them and quite like them, although I have normal pronation. They do make a vast range though and i'm sure they cater for different pronations. I went to up and running and did the treadmill video test, well worth it, then tried on various trainers and ran on the treadmill again. Asics 1160 were my favourite in my price range, interestingly I found the previous years model (asics 1150) really uncomfortable, so it certainly worth training many on. As I got more into the running I found I could wear almost any trainer now for a few miles, I even did a 4 mile tarmac jog in my mid approach boots! So spend good money on your first pair & you'll be ready for the hill and dales next season  ;)

Glenn B

• Hero Poster
  • Keep your high hand low and your powder dry!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014 »

Podium sport on Montgomery rd also do gait analysis might be a bit handier for you.. ;D
Take your time you'll see so much more!
Without goals you cannot score!

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014 »

That would definitely be easier. I'm not really sure what to expect from Gait Analysis, do Podium know what they're on about, is all dutch to me.

Podium sport on Montgomery rd also do gait analysis might be a bit handier for you.. ;D

Glenn B

• Hero Poster
  • Keep your high hand low and your powder dry!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014 »

That would definitely be easier. I'm not really sure what to expect from Gait Analysis, do Podium know what they're on about, is all dutch to me.

Yes chum they really know their stuff they sorted me out a few years back when I done a lot of running and always struggled with lower back pain and amazingly it was all down to wearing the wrong running shoes.
Beware though they try the old hard sell for the top line shoes so stick to your budget.
They have a really good range of different brands but I always found asics or mizuno to be great shoes...
Its worth giving it a go and it shoud be free so nothing to loose..
Take your time you'll see so much more!
Without goals you cannot score!

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014 »

Perfect, I'll raid the piggy bank and get over tomorrow. Cheers!

Yes chum they really know their stuff they sorted me out a few years back when I done a lot of running and always struggled with lower back pain and amazingly it was all down to wearing the wrong running shoes.
Beware though they try the old hard sell for the top line shoes so stick to your budget.
They have a really good range of different brands but I always found asics or mizuno to be great shoes...
Its worth giving it a go and it shoud be free so nothing to loose..

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]