Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: hiking kit advice  (Read 7540 times)

Tim

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Top Poster
Re: hiking kit advice
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011 »

tim, how are ya?? wot in the name of god did you waterproof them with? cos i bought a pair of ksb event 2 boots and the buggars have let all sorts of water in from their 4th outing!!!
for all the rest of the guys, thanks for your recommendations and reviews ( i know i really should have have introduced myself,but being shy i was waiting for a comment that i knew something about!!)

That's weird, I never waterproofed mine with anything for the first two years and they held up fine. When they started leaking though the only thing that would have kept my feet dry would have been a pair of sealskin socks. I have heard some mixed reviews of them so maybe I just got lucky?

Al Fresco

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011 »

I want to thank everyone that took the time to give advice on the gear, as soon as i read about the vango stove it went up to £13 lol, must be all the hits its received on Amazon, I have bought the boots and have tried them out while wlking the dogs in the local forest and fields, so far so good, worth £36 anyhow. still thinking about the tent and sleeping bag options, although the snugpak does seem good qulity and value.

Al Fresco

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012 »

Well I eventually got the Vango stove, very happy. £10.99 and free p&p, ordered Saturday evening and arrived today. Excellent price and service and highly recommended from a company I have never used before called Outwood Sports.
http://www.outwoodsports.co.uk/shop/product/vango-compact-gas-stove?cid=85

Craigy123

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Top Poster
    • Pro Sound NI
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012 »

The snug pack is good and warm, quite bulky but it is rated well. The anti snag zip aint great...it snaggs lol. it has a good wee pocket inside it for valuables. The compression sac is pretty good and if you try you can get it a fair bit smaller.

Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints!
Pages: 1 [2]

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]