Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hello from a newbie with lots of questions!  (Read 8149 times)

Pudd

• Top Poster
Re: Hello from a newbie with lots of questions!
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012 »

My first question was actually going to be about ladies footwear. Any recommendations would be welcome.

For me it has to be Salomon. But there's no right or wrong answer. Just set your budget and then go and try on every pair in that budget until you find the ones that suit you. If you're in Belfast I'd recommend going round Jacksons, Tisos and Cotswold. Take your time and try on lots. Then when you buy, wear them round the house for a few days. As long as you don't wear them outside you can always return them if they're not as comfy as they felt in the shop. As a minimum I would say they should have Goretex liner and Vibram (or equivalent) sole.  Enjoy shopping!

Hello and welcome to the Forum Jules.   :)  Samm took the advice right out of my mouth.  However, I will add, let the foot choose the boot, not the other way around!

Thanks everyone.  Off to Belfast on Friday to have a good look around.  I'll start on Boucher Road and see how I go.

Were you able to get a pair of boots that suited you, and/or have you had the chance to try them out yet?
The only downside to going outdoors is having to come back inside.

Jules

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012 »

My first question was actually going to be about ladies footwear. Any recommendations would be welcome.

For me it has to be Salomon. But there's no right or wrong answer. Just set your budget and then go and try on every pair in that budget until you find the ones that suit you. If you're in Belfast I'd recommend going round Jacksons, Tisos and Cotswold. Take your time and try on lots. Then when you buy, wear them round the house for a few days. As long as you don't wear them outside you can always return them if they're not as comfy as they felt in the shop. As a minimum I would say they should have Goretex liner and Vibram (or equivalent) sole.  Enjoy shopping!

Hello and welcome to the Forum Jules.   :)  Samm took the advice right out of my mouth.  However, I will add, let the foot choose the boot, not the other way around!

Thanks everyone.  Off to Belfast on Friday to have a good look around.  I'll start on Boucher Road and see how I go.

Were you able to get a pair of boots that suited you, and/or have you had the chance to try them out yet?

Hey Pudd.  Thanks.  I did go up to Cotswolds and I have to say the service I got from a guy called Angus was second to none.  Informative and patient, not pushy.  The outcome being that he taught me a lot about how it should actually feel on the foot, tired loads and in the end we picked out a pair of Brashers!

Sooo, I gave my old ones a bit of TLC, went back up and was more conscious of how they felt and fitted, and have kinda fallen in love with them again.  They've had a right bashing this last couple of weeks and have done me proud.  But.... still think I'll go back for the others.  Time for a wee change anyway :-)

Have been back into Cotswolds a few times picking up bits and pieces as we went for out first wild camp this weekend, and have been served by at least 3 other members of staff (as well as Angus, who is the manager, first time) and everyone of them have been the same.  Very helpful and informative.  I'm an Area Manager of 19 retail accounts across all Ireland and only wish that all of my staff gave 100% like that!  Time to get the whip out!!

J

cerbera147

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Sr. Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012 »

Cotswold are awesome  ;D

I call into Boucher about every other week just to window shop and they are always available to chat or leave you to it.

It's the kind of service that keeps you coming back again and again  :)

t18con

• Top Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012 »

here is Jules

Pages: 1 [2]

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]