Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Gelert Solo for £7.99 delivered in 24hrs + Nectar Points  (Read 4661 times)

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

I'm gonna start this post by saying this should in no way be regarded as Financial Advice and that a Credit Card application is required, so read the small print yourself.

I have seen a lot of people using the Gelert Solo 1 Man Tent and I am currently trying to put myself together a very light/compact kit bag for hiking and overnights in the Mournes.  I borrowed J's Gelert last night and pitched it in the garden to check it for quality and size before buying one and I was well impressed with it.  My only complaint is the weight of the pegs.  They are made of steel and there's quite a few of them so, when I get mine I will be replacing them with titanium or aluminium alloy.

Anyway... back to the title of this post.  I thought the RRP of £39.99 was a bargain for this tent but when I went to buy it through Amazon I found I was able to get it for £7.99 with Next Day Delivery and Nectar Points too... The Ultimate Bargain..!

Here's how:

Step 1) Sign into Amazon via the Nectar Website so that any purchase is linked to your Nectar account.  If your not signed up to Nectar then you can skip this step.

Step 2) The tent you want is here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gelert-Solo-One-Man-Tent/dp/B00322QRQE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1277228162&sr=8-1 and is currently in stock.

It has a RRP of £39.99 but is current reduced by 43% down to £22.99.  Add it to your basket and proceed to checkout as normal.

Step 3) At checkout you will have the option to pay by credit card.  You will also have the opportunity to apply for an Amazon Credit Card which offers 9 months Interest Free Credit and £15 credit back to your account if you spend at least £25 in the first 60 days. (Your £25 of purchases do not have to be through Amazon so buy some petrol or something).  Apply for the card and if you are accepted it will be added to your Amazon account immediately, ready for use.

Step 4) If you don't already use Amazon Prime you will be offered a Free Trail and by accepting this trial they will let you add Next Day Delievery to your order.  Once the Gelert has been purchased you can opt out of the Prime Free Trial immediately in your Amazon "Account Settings" (This step is also optional, as you can get free delivery in 3-4 working days as standard, but I'm an impatient git)

Step 5) Complete the purchase using your new Amazon Credit Card and thats it.  Next day you should have yourself a Gelert solo for £7.99.  I have just received an email from Amazon confirming that mine has been dispatched via City Link and I'll have it tomorrow.

Couple of things to remember:

If you have a bad credit rating you probably wont be accepted for the credit card. If your clean your application is accepted in 60 seconds.

Once you have cleared the balance on your Amazon Credit Card it can be cancelled immediately, or you can continue to use it and take advantage of the 9 months Interest Free Credit.

Remember to go to "Account Settings" in your Amazon account and turn off the "Prime" free trial or you will be billed at the end of the month.

It all sounds very complicated, but it's not.  It's all self explanitory once your on Amazon.

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your credit card and you may have to live in the Gelert, in the park, with the ducks ::)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010 by Dowser »
If You don't Climb the Mountain, You can't
See the View

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster

That's nothing short of genius

ChuckMcB

Step 1) Sign into Amazon via the Nectar Website so that any purchase is linked to your Nectar account.  If your not signed up to Nectar then you can skip this step.
Or use one of the Amazon links here (eg: clickity-click) to give the forum a couple of pennies.

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]