Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 3730 times)

Margaret

• Newbie Poster
Hi everyone
« on: May 07, 2018 »

We are a family of four, looking to get my outdoor mad son out camping this summer. The other son may go into withdrawal symptoms when disconnected from his life support (the internet) but he has fun once he out there as well. Both boys are in scouts, ages 9 and 13. We have a Staffordshire bull terrier that thinks he is aquatic animal who will be joining on us any camping trips and an elderly rescue dog who may or may not depending on if the situation suits her as well as parrot who will definitely be staying home.

We love trees, the more the better so looking into forested sites.

We also enjoy cooking with fire, starting fires without matches, and general Bush craft skills. Except for the fire drill. Just can not get that to work. And a good thing I caught auto correct as it changed Bush craft to witchcraft. Definitely no witchcraft, more's the pity. My husband loves fishing, I do not. We had planned to start trying to learn wood carving but a small accident with the Swiss Army knife has delayed that.. sharp wee things. We also love wildlife, and plan to work on some plant identification. Have telescopes , microscopes and all the science stuff too.

One child is home educated, at least until his AQE exams, the other is in grammar school. Would be fun to meet up with other outdoorsy home ed families or even better others working on scout badges.

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]