Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Packaging!!!  (Read 2441 times)

KittyKatArmstrong

• Newbie Poster
Packaging!!!
« on: April 19, 2011 »

Just received my 3 MSR Pocket Rockets from the NI-Wild Store (TYVM).  The box was huge, as it needed to be for the totally ridiculous amount of packaging that MSR put around the Pocket Rockets!!

BTW delivery was amazing, only ordered these on Sunday and was wondering if I'd have them in time for going out on Thursday :)

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
Re: Packaging!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011 »

I missed out on the Pocket Rocket going cheap on Field and Trek recently.  Think they were down to £18 or something but when I went back the following day they were all gone.  That said, you need to spend over £50 to get free delivery with Field and Trek so you have to factor in the postage if you are below that.

Packaging is something that really irks me.  I don't mind cardboard boxes etc. that I can flat pack and recycle but I hate that really tough hard plastic packaging they sometimes seal stuff in.  The type of stuff you can barely hack through with a pair of scissors, and then when you do you've no way of returning it because the packaging is destroyed.  Should be a law against it :)

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011 »

Does seem a bit over the top. How come you need 3 Pocket Rockets? One for you, me and Suspectmonkey :P

spartan00117

• Top Poster
  • Ah well, shit happens
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011 »

Can I ask why the pocket rocket?  What persuaded you to go for this model compared to all the rest out there.
"If it wasnt life threatening it would be hilarious" Ed Stafford

KittyKatArmstrong

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011 »

It's for the Explorer Scouts doing their DoE hikes.  Right now they're using gas converted trangias and they wanted to try these instead.  They're never anywhere that wild that they need to worry about wind and we have enough gas canisters to do them for months due to an over-order last year when someone found them on special offer somewhere.  They're trying them out this weekend so we'll see how it goes.  I now have 23 kids registered for September and only 5 trangias so need more stoves anyway.  These are for the older ones who've learnt the value of lightweight - beginners can have the trangias so they'll appreciate these more when they get them  ;)

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]