Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Anyone selling a lightweight Pot  (Read 3601 times)

MikeD

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Sr. Poster
Anyone selling a lightweight Pot
« on: March 09, 2010 »

Hi,

I'm looking for a lightweight pot like the MSR kettle, something I can cook my home made MRE's in.

If anyone wants to sell one, let me know.  I'll probably end up buying one by Friday 12th March......

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
Re: Anyone selling a lightweight Pot
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010 »

I've been sniffing round for a pot of some sort with a Pocket Rocket. They're damn expensive.

(Plus don't google the Pocket Rocket when the kids are watching - lesson learned!)

MikeD

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010 »

well I hope you're not trying to shop my meeting !

chris

• Hero Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010 »

I'm not selling mine but I can't recommend the MSR Titan Kettle highly enough! It might be hard to get a second hand one as I cant see many people selling theirs on.
It does seem quite expensive, and It took me quite a while to persuade myself to get one but its built to last.
I can fit my pocket rocket, fuel canister, striker, teabags and some powdered milk in it. Makes it perfect for a day trip as you can just slot one pot in beside your lunch box and your ready to go. Size wise its .85lts which I find perfect as you can get a decent sized brew going first time as well as plenty of room for a boil in the bag or pasta 'n' sauce or whatever.
As well as that I've never had any problems setting it directly on a fire to get a boil, last weekend I didnt even bring a stove!
If you have a look oline you'll get a good deal on one, try ebay aswell as someone might be selling or running one of those ebay shops plus there's loads of stuff built around the titan kettle such as the caldera cone and the squeeze box stove.

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010 »

Sometimes it's hard to work where "lightweight" stops and "forgot some stuff" starts with you :D :p

I'm not selling mine but I can't recommend the MSR Titan Kettle highly enough! It might be hard to get a second hand one as I cant see many people selling theirs on.
It does seem quite expensive, and It took me quite a while to persuade myself to get one but its built to last.
I can fit my pocket rocket, fuel canister, striker, teabags and some powdered milk in it. Makes it perfect for a day trip as you can just slot one pot in beside your lunch box and your ready to go. Size wise its .85lts which I find perfect as you can get a decent sized brew going first time as well as plenty of room for a boil in the bag or pasta 'n' sauce or whatever.
As well as that I've never had any problems setting it directly on a fire to get a boil, last weekend I didnt even bring a stove!
If you have a look oline you'll get a good deal on one, try ebay aswell as someone might be selling or running one of those ebay shops plus there's loads of stuff built around the titan kettle such as the caldera cone and the squeeze box stove.

MikeD

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010 »

Thanks, I think I'll just buy the MSR Kettle from Jackson Sports with the Pocket Rocket for £60.

I was watching one on Ebay, used, it ended at £45.99, so, add on postage, and best to buy it new I reckon.

chris

• Hero Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010 »

Sometimes it's hard to work where "lightweight" stops and "forgot some stuff" starts with you :D :p

Lol indeed, Fair enough I for got my spoon, but I left my headtorch at home on purpose! Next trip I promise I'll bring everything I need!

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]