Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Hi everyone, what websites or stores do you buy from? :)  (Read 6635 times)

Lisa

• Newbie Poster
  • A Breath Of Fresh Air

Hi all  :)

Basically I hope to go on a huge gear shopping spree in October time (student loan - whoo!) and was wondering if anyone had any personal preferences etc.

Thanks!

Lisa  :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012 by Lisa »

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC

ebay  8)
think outside, no box required

Lisa

• Newbie Poster
  • A Breath Of Fresh Air

Thanks guys :)

Im not so sure of ebay lol. I acknowledge that there are some legit and great deals there, but i have had bad experience from ebay before (nothing gear related just dvd wise lol) so i removed my account and stay well clear.

Cotswold was and is somewhere i have shopped before (my walking boots - best boots ever! (in my opinion)) as long as they keep doing the price match thingy im happy lol.

Thanks again guys!

Anyone else that would like to share? :D

Lisa :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012 by Lisa »

Rusty Madra

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Sr. Poster
  • HAS CLIMBED WITH NI WILD
    • HikersBlog.co.uk

I've found Amazon hard to beat for the quality kit you're gonna buy, usually has exactly what you want and is just as cheap as other stockists. There's a bit of room to shop about aswell on Amazon.

Sports Direct has some amazing deals on it: be careful which brands you buy tho: some are more quality than others. For boots and base layers etc you can't go wrong with Sports Direct.
If you're thinking... "wait this might be a bit dangerous".... you're probably on the way to a good adventure!

Lisa

• Newbie Poster
  • A Breath Of Fresh Air

I've found Amazon hard to beat for the quality kit you're gonna buy, usually has exactly what you want and is just as cheap as other stockists. There's a bit of room to shop about aswell on Amazon.

Sports Direct has some amazing deals on it: be careful which brands you buy tho: some are more quality than others. For boots and base layers etc you can't go wrong with Sports Direct.

Thanks for your reply, i have compiled a list of gear that i wish to buy, and can say  that it wouldn't be stocked in sports direct, a wise person once told me, "buy nice, dont buy twice" and he is correct. :)

Thanks i will actually have a noisy on amazon just to see if anything im looking for is there :)

Lisa  :)

Rusty Madra

• Sr. Poster
  • HAS CLIMBED WITH NI WILD
    • HikersBlog.co.uk

Good luck: there's a handy feature on Amazon where you can build a wish list. I like to build the list and work through it. Also friends and family etc can access the wish list for Christmas or birthdays. Makes it easier on them and you!  :)
If you're thinking... "wait this might be a bit dangerous".... you're probably on the way to a good adventure!

Lisa

• Newbie Poster
  • A Breath Of Fresh Air

Good luck: there's a handy feature on Amazon where you can build a wish list. I like to build the list and work through it. Also friends and family etc can access the wish list for Christmas or birthdays. Makes it easier on them and you!  :)

Thanks for your input Rusty Madra :)

Any other thoughts or inputs welcome! :D

surfnscenic

• Sr. Poster

TK Maxx are good for outdoor stuff.  You just need to perservere (not sure of spelling) and have a good hoke about.
Every carrot has a tunnel at the light end of the stick.

t18con

• Top Poster

have to agree 100% with this. price comparing between ebay amazon and elsewhere, checking reviews online before i buy etc etc.

Lisa

• Newbie Poster
  • A Breath Of Fresh Air

thanks again guys for your input :)

Kayakgirl

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

I love TK Max, Cotswold as I get 20% off. I have also bought stuff off fleabay and Amazon.

Stress dissolves when exposed to water..

RedLeader

• Hero Poster

I always just shop around. Amazon would be the most used but there are bargains to be had in many online stores. Just search Google for the item you want and see what comes up, just watch for delivery charges to our fair island. I also buy loads in Cotswold Outdoors and sometimes Tiso and Jacksons. They tend to be more expensive but have occasional bargains and sales. Plus if the difference is small I'll buy in the high street for the ease.

Never be afraid to ask for discount. Cotswold and Jackson Sports have certainly been up for a bit of a % off in the past. Probably Tiso too. Also, doing something like joining CANI (or similar) on their first year discount can net you a 15-20% off in a handful of outlets and you can make the money back in a single trip. Also, consider making a few friends on here. Lots of people have discount cards and are more than happy to come and give you a hand in return for a bit of craic round the fire ;)

Are we there yet?

• Sr. Poster

Sportspursuits is worth keeping an eye on, if its a particular brand/item you are after, it normally pops up soon enough. 

Lisa

• Newbie Poster
  • A Breath Of Fresh Air

Thanks everyone for you input :) i shall take everyones advice and have a nosy about some places in october time :)

Lisa

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]