Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Linked Events

• Mournes Summit Bivvy: January 15, 2011 - January 16, 2011
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Summit Camp/Bivvi - Back by popular demand - 15/16 Jan 11  (Read 79877 times)

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster

What time are you heading up at?

Im also going up the yellow route but the other side of the river.

darren

• Top Poster

well id like to do both the 2pm walk and the night hike depending on the weather.

its really a matter of who is bringing me can get me to meelmore lodge by 2pm.

i want to do as much walking as is possible.

anyone wants to contact me pm me please.
if u need my phone number ill give it to you.
if im logged off  few other members have it and they can give it out to anyone who needs it.
cheers darren.
i do appreciate all the help everyone.

LennyJ1

• Hero Poster
  • Has climbed with NI-Wild
    • Outdoor Gear UK

What time are you heading up at?

Im also going up the yellow route but the other side of the river.

about half 3
No one goes inside to clear their head

darren

• Top Poster

pm'd u mike d.

twentyclicks

• Hero Poster
  • Photographer, wanderer, bike enthusiast
    • twentyclicks

At least Meelmore has plenty of walls on it, so shelter should be available somewhere.  If you do decide to change the camp location, and someone has signal, just send me a wee message. Redleader and MikeD have my number.

There are a few routes I might take so may not notice the lights and cheer if visibility is bad and the wind is up; it'll save me looking for you all  :)
Craig
-----------------------
"Go thou my incense upward from this hearth,
And ask the gods to pardon this clear flame." - Thoreau

RedLeader

• Hero Poster

What time do you think you'll be up at?

At least Meelmore has plenty of walls on it, so shelter should be available somewhere.  If you do decide to change the camp location, and someone has signal, just send me a wee message. Redleader and MikeD have my number.

There are a few routes I might take so may not notice the lights and cheer if visibility is bad and the wind is up; it'll save me looking for you all  :)

twentyclicks

• Hero Poster
  • Photographer, wanderer, bike enthusiast
    • twentyclicks

9:30 - 10pm.  I get to Newcastle at 7:20 so you will have picked a spot by then and I'll know before setting off. 
If the weather is really crap I'll go through Tollymore to Trassey, but if it's not too bad I'll go over Commedagh to Hare's Gap: if it's really nice and I feel like it I'll hit Bernagh too and flash you all from the top  :o

What time do you think you'll be up at?

Craig
-----------------------
"Go thou my incense upward from this hearth,
And ask the gods to pardon this clear flame." - Thoreau

Matthew

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

Final plan...

1Matt, Suspectmonkey, Kat, Me and Shamara (to date) are meeting at Meelmore Lodge at 1400. Sundown is at 1620pm ish so this gives us enough time for a leisurely plod to the summit. Anyone who wants to come with us make yourself known either by post or PM, allcomers welcome.

2Anyone who wants my mobile number PM me (although no guarantees it will work on the summit).

3Everyone should also be aware that this could well be a proper wet and windy one. Personally I'm not bothered by it, lets you know you're alive and on the top of a mountain but you'll want to be prepared as the Scouts say.

1 I am driving down to Newcastle with a stop to get RedLeader in Belfast. If anyone is stuck for a lift, I do not mind as long as it's reasonably on the way and your feet are clean! (car OCD)

2 From the last time I was on Meelmore I had great reception and  full internet access so if stuck phone or e mail me 07815098140 / matthewrblack@aol.com

3 I am tenting it up  ;D

Matthew

Bic

• Jr. Poster

.....ffs.....am interested in hitting the hills, though always the dates/days don't suit me....interesting debate on the logs....to add too...i would carry 1....so i fitted in ...and quite possibly carry a further .....so that no-one would be made to feel out of place...
"We don't stop hiking because we grow old,

we grow old because we stop hiking."

Matthew

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

Don't be worrying about fitting in, I had the same reservations about a night in the hills with people I did not know at first but I can honestly say I was made thoroughly welcome by everyone and had a great time.

The fire log debate was interesting, not that I have ever regularly brought them. From my point of view if 1-2 kg of any weight stops you climbing a hill it is a sad day, yes we are all striving for a light pack to make the experience more enjoyable. I am in no way having a go at people for not wanting to bring extra weight / group kit / firelogs and can fully understand that 1-2 kg's could make the trip un enjoyable for someone and I think most would agree that is the last thing anyone would want.  

Matthew
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011 by matthewrblack »

fourman

• Top Poster

matthew its fourman dowsers brother, i might head down with u guys if your still offering a lift. i ve got ur mobile number so will give u a call on friday if that suits, cheers Stephen.

Matthew

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

No bother at all buddy.

Matthew

darren

• Top Poster

Final plan...

Matt, Suspectmonkey, Kat, Me and Shamara (to date) are meeting at Meelmore Lodge at 1400. Sundown is at 1620pm ish so this gives us enough time for a leisurely plod to the summit. Anyone who wants to come with us make yourself known either by post or PM, allcomers welcome.

Anyone not able to make it for 2pm or who wants to take an alternative route just meet at the summit whenever you like. Our planned route is below, we'll have radios on channel 6 for anyone that has one, I have a spare if someone can get it from me.

Dowser will probably be leaving Meelmore Lodge at around 1630, you can PM him if you're interested, he'll have a radio also.

Anyone who wants my mobile number PM me (although no guarantees it will work on the summit). Everyone should be sure they have their plans logged with someone responsible who isn't going to be there - once we're on the summit in the dark we wont be coming down to look for people who may or may not have actually come (unless they're potentially carrying copious amounts of booze or bacon)!

In the evening once pitched we'll probably have a night hike in a Meelbeg / Slieveloughshannagh / Doan direction but we'll organise that at the time depending on the conditions.

Everyone should also be aware that this could well be a proper wet and windy one. Personally I'm not bothered by it, lets you know you're alive and on the top of a mountain but you'll want to be prepared as the Scouts say.

Remember to tell us if you want to come with the 2pm group, don't just assume we'll know

As ever, review the NI-Wild Terms/Disclaimer here : http://www.ni-wild.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=278

hi mate ill be there for 2pm.
im getting a lift over from portadown from a local member.
so put me down on the list too please RL.

RedLeader

• Hero Poster

Done, see you there!

Final plan...

Matt, Suspectmonkey, Kat, Me and Shamara (to date) are meeting at Meelmore Lodge at 1400. Sundown is at 1620pm ish so this gives us enough time for a leisurely plod to the summit. Anyone who wants to come with us make yourself known either by post or PM, allcomers welcome.

Anyone not able to make it for 2pm or who wants to take an alternative route just meet at the summit whenever you like. Our planned route is below, we'll have radios on channel 6 for anyone that has one, I have a spare if someone can get it from me.

Dowser will probably be leaving Meelmore Lodge at around 1630, you can PM him if you're interested, he'll have a radio also.

Anyone who wants my mobile number PM me (although no guarantees it will work on the summit). Everyone should be sure they have their plans logged with someone responsible who isn't going to be there - once we're on the summit in the dark we wont be coming down to look for people who may or may not have actually come (unless they're potentially carrying copious amounts of booze or bacon)!

In the evening once pitched we'll probably have a night hike in a Meelbeg / Slieveloughshannagh / Doan direction but we'll organise that at the time depending on the conditions.

Everyone should also be aware that this could well be a proper wet and windy one. Personally I'm not bothered by it, lets you know you're alive and on the top of a mountain but you'll want to be prepared as the Scouts say.

Remember to tell us if you want to come with the 2pm group, don't just assume we'll know

As ever, review the NI-Wild Terms/Disclaimer here : http://www.ni-wild.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=278

hi mate ill be there for 2pm.
im getting a lift over from portadown from a local member.
so put me down on the list too please RL.

MG1

• Hero Poster
If you die with all your parts working your not trying hard enough!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]