Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Linked Events

• Bullseye Bivvy: February 02, 2013 - February 03, 2013
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Bullseye Bivvy Trip  (Read 68749 times)

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Bullseye Bivvy Trip
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013 »

I think we're going to aim (haha, do you see what I did there) to throw the dart on Sat afternoon. Anyone who wants to join in PM me.

The bottom line is we want to throw a bit of random chance into where we're heading just because we tend to visit the same spots over and over again, it's an excuse to find new spots! I'm thinking we use wherever the dart lands as a rough choice area and have a good look on the map at the surrounding area for both a spot to aim for and a route to get there by. Obviously we'll be avoiding any private land or water.

That said, this is my first proper trip since last September so I'll not be wanting anything too taxing as a first time out until I get the mountain legs back!!

So what's the deal with throwing the dart,will it be done on the day or within a days notice.looking forward to this,do we rule out farm- lands,dangerous terrain,or sorta just try to get an area as close to the spots we can.

Spud

• Hero Poster
  • "I'd rather be camping"
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013 »

This is gonna be good craic, looking forward to it!  ;D I will be in my tent, as I dont have a bivvy bag/tarp!  ;D

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013 »

We'll defo make sure and find a spot that's also tent friendly.

This is gonna be good craic, looking forward to it!  ;D I will be in my tent, as I dont have a bivvy bag/tarp!  ;D

Eamonn

• Sr. Poster
    • http://www.hikersblog.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013 »

Looking forward to this  ;D

SpudI have a spare army bivi if you want to try it out?

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013 »

Awesome, can you make it, will I add you to the potentials list?

Spud

• Hero Poster
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013 »

cheers for the offer mate, but I'm happy enough in the tent!  ;D ;D

Eamonn

• Sr. Poster
    • http://www.hikersblog.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013 »

cheers for the offer mate, but I'm happy enough in the tent!  ;D ;D

Lol I find the bivi more comfortable than a tent.
Awesome, can you make it, will I add you to the potentials list?

YeahSign me up

Spud

• Hero Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013 »

Lol I find the bivi more comfortable than a tent

I do want to give the bivvying a go at some stage, but I really want to test my tent out in the hills, as I have been out in it 3 times since I got it, but they were all in annalong wood!!  ;D  ;D

Rumblebum

• Hero Poster
  • Fred! Come over here and smoke the meat!
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013 »

I think we're going to aim (haha, do you see what I did there) to throw the dart on Sat afternoon. Anyone who wants to join in PM me.

The bottom line is we want to throw a bit of random chance into where we're heading just because we tend to visit the same spots over and over again, it's an excuse to find new spots! I'm thinking we use wherever the dart lands as a rough choice area and have a good look on the map at the surrounding area for both a spot to aim for and a route to get there by. Obviously we'll be avoiding any private land or water.

That said, this is my first proper trip since last September so I'll not be wanting anything too taxing as a first time out until I get the mountain legs back!!

So what's the deal with throwing the dart,will it be done on the day or within a days notice.looking forward to this,do we rule out farm- lands,dangerous terrain,or sorta just try to get an area as close to the spots we can.
This is a great idea!

Maybe if there is a newbie out on the trip they get to throw the dart, and then we can all grumble at them when  it lands on Lamagan  :o :P
Youl never walk alone, youuul neveeer walllk......

Mourneman

• Hero Poster
    • artist rising
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013 »

This is a great idea!

Maybe if there is a newbie out on the trip they get to throw the dart, and then we can all grumble at them when  it lands on Lamagan  :o :P

i take it youre on board Rumblebum  ??? so wife & work approved once i know the location I'am setting of early on Saturday,bring it on  :'(

Rumblebum

• Hero Poster
  • Fred! Come over here and smoke the meat!
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2013 »

This is a great idea!

i take it youre on board Rumblebum  ??? so wife & work approved once i know the location I'am setting of early on Saturday,bring it on  :'(
Hmm I really don't think I can make the first one mate but I'm loving the idea of future wee trips.
Youl never walk alone, youuul neveeer walllk......

Spud

• Hero Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013 »

Hmm I really don't think I can make the first one mate but I'm loving the idea of future wee trips.

Ed

• Hero Poster
  • Bally up!
    • HikersBlog
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2013 »

Ye will ye will ye will

http://www.hikersblog.co.uk
"In the ni-wild militant wing a tent is now considered glamping" - RustyMadra
Team Bivvy!

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2013 »

We have the location for our first "Bullseye Bivvy", carefully selected with a random dart.  We did head down to the Mournes today for an outdoor ceremony but torrential rain stopped play  :'(

After a swift All-You-Can-Eat Chinese Buffet, in Downpatrick, we headed home and set up the map there instead.

So, here's where your sleeping  ;D

Click image for larger view
If You don't Climb the Mountain, You can't
See the View

Spud

• Hero Poster
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2013 »

Huh huh huh "cock" huhuhuhuh  ;D

Sweet, bring it on!

After a swift All-You-Can-Eat Chinese Buffet, in Downpatrick, we headed home and set up the map there instead.

What did you think of it? I haven't been and have heard mixed reports?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]