Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Guest Information

This forum is intended as a meeting place for anyone from Northern Ireland interested in outdoor activities. Everyone's welcome and we're family friendly covering just about anything on land and sea. Members organise events regularly and there's always plenty of chat on all aspects of outdoor life in Northern Ireland and you'll get plenty of information on any topic that takes your interest.

Not all sections are available to non-members so click here to sign up for free today and join us for some outdoors fun!

Click here for basic information on the forum and here for how to post events.

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: March 29, 2023 
Started by NorthernSky - Last post by Rugged Track
When I first heard it discussed (years ago) I thought it was going to the summit of Donard and I was raging.  This plan seems to be going partly up to quarry.  I don't like the idea of cable cars swing as a visual in the sky.  They could probably a rail car system up instead which would be less visible.  Don't know how cable cars  it work work in winds, probably wouldn't run half the time with weather.  It would also put pressure on infrastructure of the town which on certain days is packed with cars.   I can understand why they want to do for tourism development, good for businesses and as an attraction and I'm sure people would love the views.

Saying that I don't think it would to see it and it should be left alone. 

Started by NorthernSky - Last post by Fred
I was disappointed to hear about this idea resurfacing. It is just going to make the wilderness area smaller.
fred

Started by NorthernSky - Last post by NorthernSky
there's going to be a cable car ride half way up Donard  :-X

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2023-03-28/the-44m-alternative-to-seeing-the-mourne-mountains

good or bad?
i'd rather not see it personally
is this why all those trees have been cleared on the way up  :'(

on: March 22, 2023 
Started by Scribble - Last post by Scribble
Hi all,

hope all is good and everyone still living the dream  :)..

was wondering if anyone has a picture of Lough Shannagh i could use for a bit of promotion artwork in my work . The moodier the better .

cheers

andy

on: March 02, 2023 
Started by NorthernSky - Last post by Glenn B
Was I ever here I can't remember  ;D ;D ;D

on: February 15, 2023 
Started by NorthernSky - Last post by Rugged Track
Just logged in again here and worked out it's almost been 10 years since I was last on  :o So many good memories from this site!  :)

Recently started checking it again a posted recently!! Good stuff/ information and memories on the site :)

on: February 09, 2023 
Started by NorthernSky - Last post by Rusty Madra
Just logged in again here and worked out it's almost been 10 years since I was last on  :o So many good memories from this site!  :)

on: January 18, 2023 
Started by Rugged Track - Last post by Rugged Track
3, Nights/ 4 Days in the Lake District, England.  Starting from Wasdale Head Inn hiking up Kirk Fell, Great Gable, Sprinkling Tarn, Scafell Pike, Maiden Castle Cairn, Burnmoor Tarn, Wast Water and returning to Wasdale Head, wild camping.

on: January 18, 2023 
Started by Rugged Track - Last post by Rugged Track
Hi All,

Long time since a I posted on here.  A wee video from June.

on: December 12, 2022 
Started by NorthernSky - Last post by No time for anything
I keep checking to see if anyone is interested in a hike but it has been quiet :(

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]