Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: NW200  (Read 7685 times)

Heed

• Newbie Poster
NW200
« on: June 02, 2012 »

My first outing with the camera, so these are def not up to standard, but we'd a great spot on a great day of racing!!!

mregan

• Sr. Poster
    • Adventure Racer
Re: NW200
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012 »

Some great pics.  Not sure what setting you are using but I always found getting a focus point and leaving it focus on manual gets a sharper pic.  Unless you have superfast camera and glass then the time it focuses is slightly behind the shutter.  Just my 2 pence worth.  I left home without my camera this year.  Nightmare.

Here is a couple from Dundrod a few years back

lou

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012 »

Cool pics guys....was a brilliant days racing!!

Heed

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012 »

Yeah best NW i've had in a while, its more down to the weather but this year I went down on the sat morning instead of camping out and I have to say watching the bikes with a good nights kip and without a hangover is the way to do it!!!

lou

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012 »

It sure has been...the NW needed that good run.  Aye I was down from Wednesday nite.  Thursday races/practices are great if not sometimes better than the actual race day.  Watching the bikes with a hangover....no way!!  Hangovers come after the bikes always lol.

mregan

• Sr. Poster
    • Adventure Racer
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012 »

I love the Thursday's more space to get a good view and Real Bike fans.  :D

It was great racing alright. The TT has been awesome this year too. Hopefully I will get over to see one. Yet to set foot on the IOM  :(

lou

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012 »

Aye spot on mregan...thursday does show the real bike fans.

The TT has been amazing this year so far!  Great to see Michael get a win.  Im gutted i couldnt get over this year.  Wanted to take me bike over but was too pricey...left it too late as well :( 

Ive been 4 times now at the TT and you shoud definitely do it....once you go you will not be able to stop going lol.  Its different from the road racing but absolutely brilliant in its own way!  This year tho gotta stick to listening it on the radio :(  altho I think im gonna maybe head over to the Manx this year....never been to that and they say it's as good!

mregan

• Sr. Poster
    • Adventure Racer
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012 »

Brilliant Lou.  I definitely will be heading over in the near future. 

What bike you got? 

Manx a bit less busy than TT but just as good from what I hear.

lou

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012 »

I've got a CBR600RR...its the 2007 model.  Actually i have a pic of it here...i might as well show you. (think that attached ok)

Aye thats what i heard about the manx....a week of bikes im sold anyway lol.

Eamonn

• Sr. Poster
    • http://www.hikersblog.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012 »

I've got a CBR600RR...its the 2007 model.  Actually i have a pic of it here...i might as well show you. (think that attached ok)

Noyce :)

Heed

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012 »

Tidy bike them i'd an older 1 a few years ago n love'd her. Just hard to get the weather to enjoy her over here.

mregan

• Sr. Poster
    • Adventure Racer
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012 »

Awesome bike Lou. That is the one I was going to upgrade too before I was knocked off by a driver not looking around him and the wee bike totalled. Thankfully injuries healed after a year off the bike.

My sis has one of them and an ER6f my dad has a touring Honda.

Heed

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012 »

Some great pics.  Not sure what setting you are using but I always found getting a focus point and leaving it focus on manual gets a sharper pic.  Unless you have superfast camera and glass then the time it focuses is slightly behind the shutter.  Just my 2 pence worth.  I left home without my camera this year.  Nightmare.

Ru panning on these shots, Im new to photography and dont understand on how to focus on 1 spot but then pann with the bikes, surely then the focus will be way out by the time you follow with the bike???

mregan

• Sr. Poster
    • Adventure Racer
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012 »

That's what I thought to begin with. If you have a focus point then that's the point the shutter will take. Panning works slightly different in that you hope the focal point ie the bike remains in focus from when you track it to the shutter point. I have had better results having a mark on the road focusing and leaving it on that focus then as you pan click at that spot. I normally use the marshals to get the point.

lou

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012 »

Cheers guys! Aye weather has been horrible lately but gotta head on, if its not like yesterdays rain....crazy!

mregan...sorry to hear about your accident, glad you have fully recovered ok.  Car drivers are so unpredictable, couldnt be careful enough.  Your sis has good bike taste!...i see the bikes are in the family...nice one.  Hope you get back on one again soon!!

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]