Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alone in the wild  (Read 10748 times)

Wolf_Larson

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
  • Adventure
Alone in the wild
« on: September 10, 2009 »

Was watching alone in the wild, i got the impression that he did not realy want to be there, plus he was carrying a lot of stuff that would burn lots of NRG.

I dont think he had a good deal with having to carry all that gear and have that thing knowing all he had to do was push a botton to get out of there. I think it saves him in the end but so thank goodnees he had it.

He could not even shot the moose !!  If it had of been me the camra off, then the moose gets one between the eyes, what they dont know does not hurt them, whats the point running about armed like john Rambo, shotgun for the bears and the rifile for food. Or was it all for good old TV  ???

Its going to end up with him losing his mind like Tom hacks in that film cast away, wounder if the people making the show have put a ball some where.  ???
The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.

chris

• Hero Poster
Re: Alone in the wild
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009 »

personally i think it would have been easier for him to shoot the moose, he took the hard way out by leaving it thats what took guts, it'd be easy to go into a forest and shoot everything in sight, but then thats not really survival is it?

RedLeader

• Hero Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009 »

There's was alot of fuss in the paper last week about him not really being prepared which was obvious last night by the trouble that he had finding food. As far as the moose goes, if he had killed it, as soon as it was on TV he'd have been in the soup. Not that I'd be any different but it was funny how scared of bears he was - it totally took over his whole life.

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009 »

They should have called it......Rules of bear dodgeing in the wild.

I still think the killer was having to must gear.

Cant wait till next week to see him bear dodgeing in the wild.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009 by Wolf_Larson »

chris

• Hero Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009 »

it was pretty funny to watch, "hello bear!" although to be fair to him we have no concept of what it would be like to camp in "bear country" and as he is from scotland I'm guessing he's pretty unfamiliar too, your always going to be wary in new situations especially when the thing your wary of could kill you in a second! I say lay off the guy, the point is survival if he;d taken tons of food and equipent we'd all be saying how he was a cop out, how much food would you actually have if it was a real survival situation?

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009 »

Yeh fair play to him, im sure i would be scared also, but the shotgun would help  ;)

I would take the father jack approah feck off bear.

Not realy sure how much food you would need. I would just try live of fish and if i did not catch any the gun would come out. Where did he get his water it never showed anything on that  ???

chris

• Hero Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009 »

he was camped beside a massive lake.

Hunter

• Top Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009 »

Hi guys just got to watch ALONE IN THE WILD firstly not great its going to quick through the days and he's setting snairs with bear hands he should be wearing gloves as for the moose it would have being too much for 1 person you can only eat so much before it go's off and the smell of rotten flesh would have got the bears and wolves interested in him i think besides you should'nt take any more than you need,but thats just me boys.
One life live it !       http://hunterforum.webs.com/

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009 »

he was camped beside a massive lake.

:-X  :-X  :-X  :-X say nothing  :D

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009 »

Hi guys just got to watch ALONE IN THE WILD firstly not great its going to quick through the days and he's setting snairs with bear hands he should be wearing gloves as for the moose it would have being too much for 1 person you can only eat so much before it go's off and the smell of rotten flesh would have got the bears and wolves interested in him i think besides you should'nt take any more than you need,but thats just me boys.

I agree dee666, let see how he goes next week.  ;D

Nightjar

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009 »

He seems to be on the Atkins diet,whats he doing for carbs........

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009 »

Is porky pine carbs ??

Celt_Ginger

• Sr. Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009 »

He should have shot the moose. That was a very basic mistake. Take what food you can when it presents itself. What meat he couldn't eat could have been preserved by smoking. It's all simple enough. Looks to me like it's a set up, done for impact on TV. Too many glaring mistakes for my liking. I'll not be watching any more as it's either exploitation or a TV set up stunt. Where would be the point of putting someone with actual skills in that situation where they actually could survive when you can take someone who hasn't got a clue? It makes for "better TV" apparently.

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009 »

He should have shot the moose. That was a very basic mistake. Take what food you can when it presents itself. What meat he couldn't eat could have been preserved by smoking. It's all simple enough. Looks to me like it's a set up, done for impact on TV. Too many glaring mistakes for my liking. I'll not be watching any more as it's either exploitation or a TV set up stunt. Where would be the point of putting someone with actual skills in that situation where they actually could survive when you can take someone who hasn't got a clue? It makes for "better TV" apparently.

Well said celt-ginger, im no pro but it was one of the worse survival TV shows ive seen to date. You could have put paris hilton in instead and made it a better show. She would have also loved the animals also just like him "awk look at that cute animal, its to cute to shoot"  But she would be better on the eyes.  :P

But i shall watch it Thur at 9:00 just to see if a he gets all his stuff air lifted to another camp, cause there no way he can carry all that gear. Or maybe his fence will run out of power and he wont be able to sleep at night.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009 by Wolf_Larson »

Hunter

• Top Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009 »

Theres a point who the F@#k takes an electric fence into the wilds!!!
One life live it !       http://hunterforum.webs.com/
Pages: [1] 2

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]