Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: New Alpkit Headtorches (well as far as I know anyway ;-)  (Read 8939 times)

kingsley

• Newbie Poster

I have an alpkit gamma that I use a lot.  However I got an email a few days back introdcuing two new headtorches to the alpkit range - the viper & the indigo (I also notice they have sneakily raised the price of the manta to £17.50 - last time I looked it was the same as the gamma at £15).

I don't really see the point in the indigo unless you only ever want a low power unit for use around the campsite.  For a couple of quid more the viper looked to make more sense to me, because it has lower power LEDs, plus the option of a higher power beam.

I bought the viper and first impressions are good.  For £12.50 it seems like a great little unit.  It feels sturdy enough, will apparently stand up to rain OK, and the light seems good - although I need to actually test it in the outdoors rather than just out the back of the house :) )  I am impressed by the lower power LEDs which still seem to be very bright and give a good flood (although as I say will need tested properly).

Anyway I went back to the alpkit site to check the vital statistics of what I had just bought and noticed that the black one is already out of stock!  So I presume they are proving popular so thought I'd just post up here in case anyone else would be interested.

P.S. - Maybe these have been around for ever and I just haven't noticed.  If so feel free to comment with suitable abuse  ;)

FYI - here is the range on their site - http://www.alpkit.com/explore/head-torches

Don't bother reading the small print

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]