Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Wild Country Trisar 2  (Read 7180 times)

hud

• Top Poster
  • Do not feed the bear
Wild Country Trisar 2
« on: March 17, 2014 »

So I'm in the market to satisfy my dire need for yet another tent (which is neither a need nor dire for that matter)...

Currently I operate outta a Zephyros 1 for wild stuff and have a bomb proof Marmot geodesic (exact model I forget at this point) for car camping

Looking something for the 'in between' - something with a little bit of space for extended periods of camping that wont break my back, but also something that is robust should I take a mate for a wild one (!) up the hills

Semi-geodesic preferred (had a 2 man tunnel; grand but wouldn't want to camp in high winds with it tbh) so had my eyes on the terra nova voyager, lightwave g20 trek, tnf tadpole....

Getting to my point....seen the Wild Country Trisar - seems to tick most of the boxes (HH could be higher, pitched inner first will be a bugger in heavy rain) so was wondering did anyone have any personal reviews of it?  Thoughts also appreciated if you haven't used it

Thanks in advance

Hud
Do not feed the bear

RedLeader

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: Wild Country Trisar 2
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014 »

Matt has a North Face Tadpole, it's a brilliant tent, looks really stable. Pricey though. The Vango Banshee is a great tent for the money but maybe tight enough for 2 adults.

hud

• Top Poster
  • Do not feed the bear
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014 »

Hey Redleader thanks for the response - yea I have access to the Banshee 200; fully agree an absolute legend for the price - I've seen it operate in high winds and perfroms well but we were reasonably sheltered behind a wall and just worry if it were a little more exposed would it be as good

Keen for a genuine 2 man semi geo - list of potentials thus far has now broadened (budget likely to be the biggest factor in the end)
Terra Nova Voyager
Lightwave g20 trek
Vaude odyssee
WC Trisar 2
sprayway sx2
force 10 argon 200

Any experience or thoughts really appreciated
Do not feed the bear

lomick1

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014 »

Have looked at the coleman avior 2 or 3 man tent I have the avior 3 loads of  room for 2 people its not very high inside you can sit up nicely at the front of it put is nice and light I think in and around 3 kg, nice wee front part that can be used for storing your gear and cooking in it canbbe  entred from both the side and front, it can be put up and taken down in minutes, I hve been out in some wild wind and rain and it stood up well I have it s few years now I think you pick one up for around 100 quid

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]