Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Argos -- Binatone Action Radios - Not as advertised  (Read 5734 times)

Big Dod

• Jr. Poster

Hi Folks,

Just a 'For Your Information'

Went online and reserved Binatone Action 1000 2 way radio on Argos website.

Turned up, paid for them and was handed Binatone Action 950's

Refund -- which will take 2 days to go back into my account.

Now off to take somebody in customer services by the throat over the petrol wasted to get there.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

Mourneman

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
    • artist rising
Re: Argos -- Binatone Action Radios - Not as advertised
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012 »

To be fair I've been very pleased with the customer service I've had from Argos,I returned a number of items,some with receipts,some with none,everytime there's been no problem,sounds to me that someone in dispatch has mixed up you're order,could you not have ordered it again?

Big Dod

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012 »

I reserved online to pickup in store in downpatrick.

Online photo and description is for the 1000 version but the item that comes down the slope is the 950.

For me this is the 3rd strike for argos.

Picked up a jigsaw (saw) once that had bits missing and half the sticker that 'voids your warranty if opened' was trapped between the two parts of the housing so had obviously already been opened. That and the sawdust inside kinda gave it away.

The women I dealt with in the shop was more than helpful.  Just gets my back up when whoever is responsible for updating the website ( which isnt rocket science ) doesnt do their job and I end up out of pocket travelling to the shop for nothing because of them..  Grrrr...   >:(

I've emailed them about this.  We'll see what they say.. 
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!"

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012 »

I 've had the wrong item from Argos before, absolutely no problem in getting a refund, although the store is only 3 miles away so not too much of an inconenience. Any faulty items have also been exchanged/refunded very easily, great service  :) .
think outside, no box required

Wolf_Larson

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012 »

Are they a good radio ??
The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.

Big Dod

• Jr. Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012 »

Good Morning Folks,

Argos got back to me with the usual apologies and a £5 Argos voucher will be posted out for the inconvenience (how do you spell that?)

@Wolf
Havnt used them before bud.  Thought I'd try them and see. 
Some reviews I've read online recommend the Midland G7 XT instead but they are £99 at Maplin whereas the Action 1000's are £59 at argos.

I did read online that you shouldnt pay for the throat mic combo setup that comes with the Action 1000's on amazon but buy the Binatone version as the supplied plugin mic etc apparently breaks easily whereas the binatone version is bombproof.

Just wanted something to play with when I'm lying in my tent if its pouring down.
Scan the waves man and see if anyones out there...  :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012 by Big Dod »

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]

Hen Mountain Wild Camp by Rugged Track [November 28, 2019]