Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: Charity Abseil at Spelga Dam for Mountain Rescue Ireland - Sat 28/7/12  (Read 4046 times)

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC

see http://www.mountainrescue.ie/node/643

TAKE PART IN EXCITING ICONIC ABSEIL EVENTS FOR MRI !

‘Spelga Dam’ in Mournes and ‘Dwyers Rock’ in Wicklow Mountain Rescue Ireland (the organisation which oversees the twelve Mountain Rescue teams in Ireland) is holding two fundraising abseils on Saturday 28th July, 2012. One is at Spelga Dam in the Mourne Mountains, County Down and the other is at Dwyer’s Rock in County Wicklow. This is the first time that MRI has gone down the abseil route in fundraising terms, and we are very fortunate to have secured the first ever access for public abseil down the iconic Spelga Dam and the Wicklow abseil is from Dwyer’s Rock, where the panoramic views are simply stunning!

If you’re in tune with the great outdoors and enjoy your fresh air laced with good sized bursts of adrenalin, then look no further than the Mountain Rescue Ireland 2012 Abseil Events!!!

Saturday 28th July is your chance to become an MRI Dambuster or RockStar…and raise money for an organisation that one day might save your life!

Get family and friends to sponsor you for an experience that will rock your world
Whether you already like to swing at the weekends, or are contemplating your first ever vicarious vault into the void, don’t hang about - places are strictly limited!
It’s great doing it in groups, and age is no barrier!

Registration is online at www.eventelephant.com/dambusters for the Mournes Abseil
 and www.eventelephant.com/rockstars for the Wicklow Abseil.
personal fundraising pages can be set up at www.mycharity.ie/charity/mountain_rescue_ireland

Abseils will take place from 9am ‘til 5pm on Saturday 28th July, and those taking part will be notified in advance of their time slot. For more information, contact Mountain Rescue Ireland Fundraising Officer Sharon Newsome on  +00353 (87) 259 0290  or +00353 (85) 722 8164 or email fundraising@mountainrescue.ie

great photo opportunity  ;)
think outside, no box required

Rusty Madra

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Sr. Poster
  • HAS CLIMBED WITH NI WILD
    • HikersBlog.co.uk

Already Signed up! :) ... Will they let me go down face first like in the films?  ::)
If you're thinking... "wait this might be a bit dangerous".... you're probably on the way to a good adventure!

Are we there yet?

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Sr. Poster

I'd love to do this! but i did a abseil for marie curie march 31st this year ..i think id be paying £130.00 myself just to do it (hate asking ppl for money). Any sponsers tho gratefully welcome  ;D an i'll be there! Wish id waited  ::)

Kayakgirl

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster

I would be interested but need to check my diary.. Currently lying by the pool ATM..

Stress dissolves when exposed to water..

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC

with the rain we're having here half of northern ireland is also lying beside a pool, just not a warm and sunny one  >:(
think outside, no box required

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]