Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: And now for something completely different  (Read 13448 times)

NI UrbEx

• Newbie Poster
    • NI Urbex Forum

Not everybody appreciates these kind of photos but hopefully some you you guys will.

A handful of my recent efforts.

Critique welcome  :)

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

Thanks for looking
www.NIUrbex.co.uk

Northern Ireland's "Urban Exploration" Community

MG1

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Hero Poster
Re: And now for something completely different
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012 »

Cool pics. Some of those would look funky on my wall.
If you die with all your parts working your not trying hard enough!

Heed

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012 »

Wow luv these pics the staircase 1 is a cracker...where is this???

Pudd

• Top Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012 »

Always have had a soft spot for urban exploration, however the legality side of things have always stopped me in my tracks.   
The only downside to going outdoors is having to come back inside.

LandyLiam

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Team BLRC
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012 »

amazing pics   :)
think outside, no box required

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012 »

Not everybody appreciates these kind of photos but hopefully some you you guys will.

Critique welcome  :)

No Critique here.  Absolutely love these photos and would love to know your method of creating these images.

Top Stuff NI Urbex... Totally unique.  Keep them coming!!!
If You don't Climb the Mountain, You can't
See the View

Wolf_Larson

• Hero Poster
  • Adventure
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012 »

I think there amazing and as i was driving do the coast road to portrush, seen alot of BIG empty houses.  ;D
The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.

whoRya

• Hero Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012 »

Love the photies.  A wee idea for you may be to add the website address to your signature as a hyperlink.  A few folk would probably wander over there.

I know, the address is on the pictures, but we can be a lazy at times!
"Not all those who wander are lost."

NI UrbEx

• Newbie Poster
    • NI Urbex Forum
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012 »

Cool pics. Some of those would look funky on my wall.

many thanks, im thinking about saving some pennies and getting a few printed poster sized for my own wall lol

Wow luv these pics the staircase 1 is a cracker...where is this???

thanks, its an old mill building "somewhere" in county antrim (i've already said too much lol)

Always have had a soft spot for urban exploration, however the legality side of things have always stopped me in my tracks.

totally understand where you're coming from but if you look into it carefully its not actually as "risky" a hobby as it first appears. i find if you are equally as respectful of both the property you are on and towards anyone in authority who may approach you whilst exploring you will get given a "by-ball" and either politely asked to leave (a legal requirement before you are actually committing an offence) or invited to carry on regardless (and/or given a guided tour) lol.

amazing pics   :)

No Critique here.  Absolutely love these photos and would love to know your method of creating these images.

Top Stuff NI Urbex... Totally unique.  Keep them coming!!!

Many thanks for the kind words folks.

In regards to my method of creating them, there isnt much to tell lol.
Im certainly not an expert photographer and i dont have the best of cameras but with a bit of practice, a lot of persistence and an amazing photoshopper for a girlfriend, im starting to get results that im happy with.

I think there amazing and as i was driving do the coast road to portrush, seen alot of BIG empty houses.  ;D

Thanks Wolf, yeah I was up that direction not long ago, there are some proper gems up that way, and not just houses ;)

Love the photies.  A wee idea for you may be to add the website address to your signature as a hyperlink.  A few folk would probably wander over there.

I know, the address is on the pictures, but we can be a lazy at times!

cheers and thanks for the tip, will look into that now :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012 by NI UrbEx »
www.NIUrbex.co.uk

Rusty Madra

• Sr. Poster
  • HAS CLIMBED WITH NI WILD
    • HikersBlog.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012 »

Cool pics... Ever think of a small (under 6 people... Or whatever's best) Wild NI Urbex Expedition? Suppose like a few on the site I'd love to give it a go but would feel vaguely silly doing it by myself!
If you're thinking... "wait this might be a bit dangerous".... you're probably on the way to a good adventure!

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012 »

Cool pics... Ever think of a small (under 6 people... Or whatever's best) Wild NI Urbex Expedition? Suppose like a few on the site I'd love to give it a go but would feel vaguely silly doing it by myself!

I'm going to preempt NI UrbEx'x reply to this.  I would be guessing one guy, looking arty with a camera while trespassing would lead to a blind eye being turned by the owners of the property if they caught you.  Especially if you had a few sample photos with you of previous work.

A group of 5 or 6 would look extremely suspicious and probably attract the attention of the law.  Unfortunately this is probably a one or two man sport but I could be wrong.

I'm sure NI UrbEx will let us know.  If he reckons a small group is fine then I'm in lol

8)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012 by Dowser »
See the View

Rusty Madra

• Sr. Poster
    • HikersBlog.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012 »

If I'm totally honest I have had a few goes by myself but definately felt awkward and well... A bit self conscious. Although the same applies to my first few goes at geocaching and then I've no awkwardness at all now! .... Def have to have a further go at Urbex
If you're thinking... "wait this might be a bit dangerous".... you're probably on the way to a good adventure!

Dowser

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012 »

If I'm totally honest I have had a few goes by myself but definately felt awkward and well... A bit self conscious. Although the same applies to my first few goes at geocaching and then I've no awkwardness at all now! .... Def have to have a further go at Urbex

Lol... That's how I am still about Geocaching.  I've only went after three or four but gave up on a couple because there were people about and I felt like a bit of a spoon lurking about behind street signs and stuff  :-[

When it comes to the Urbex thing I think I would be fine on my own but I'll not know till I try!
See the View

NI UrbEx

• Newbie Poster
    • NI Urbex Forum
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012 »

Ever think of a small (under 6 people... Or whatever's best) Wild NI Urbex Expedition? Suppose like a few on the site I'd love to give it a go but would feel vaguely silly doing it by myself!

Hmmmmm...

Urbexing you say...

NI-Wild members gathering you say...

Half a dozen people you say...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Problems!!!

If any of you have visited the NI Urbex site you may have already noticed that I do that sort of thing regularly lol. I have a couple of sites earmarked for exactly this purpose. One I would use to take newbies around for their first explore and another I use for official site get togethers. Both sites give the opportunity for an overall urbexing experience and the chance to take pictures of typically urbex environments etc although the latter is a permission explore so may not provide the "excitement" of a "real" urbex but is more suited for photographers wishing to bring tripods and really take their time over getting perfect shots.

If you guys would like to have an NI-Wild explore then I'd be happy to provide you with one so if somebody would care to start a thread in the right section and when there's enough names down I'll chime in with further info and dates etc. (could someone pm me a link to the thread once it's been created please)
The only condition being a maximum of 6 responsible adults who are willing and able to take instruction and follow it to the letter (for you own safety as much as everyone else's)
I normally limit groups to 4 but I am willing to make an exception in this case provided everybody knows everybody else and everyone is mature and going to behave themselves accordingly.
www.NIUrbex.co.uk

Rusty Madra

• Sr. Poster
    • HikersBlog.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012 »

Sounds Brill!... Count me in  :). Will start a new thread here and get the ball rolling....
Pages: [1] 2

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]

Overnighter on 21st August by Wolf_Larson [November 02, 2021]

crabbing by Glenn B [July 19, 2021]

Slieive Binnian Hike by Rugged Track [November 06, 2020]

Silent Valley by Binnianboy [June 28, 2020]

Is it safe... by Rugged Track [June 02, 2020]

You've got a mention... by NorthernSky [December 12, 2019]