Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Follow NI-Wild

Author Topic: For Sale: Christmas Clear Out!  (Read 4749 times)

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
For Sale: Christmas Clear Out!
« on: December 12, 2010 »

Having a bit of a Christmas clear out as I appear to have accumulated an unhealthy amount of outdoor gear and I'm running out of space!  I'm more than happy to negotiate on the prices so PM me with any offers or if you would like to buy.  I can also send photos by request if you PM me your e-mail address.

Thanks for looking, feel free to ask any questions either in this thread or by PM :)

Primus LiTech Trek Kettle - £12  SOLD
Product page

Excellent condition, has only been used a few times with a gas stove so its clean and soot free.  Has a very small mark on the inside wall were my gas cartridge rubbed against part of the non-stick coating, but it appears to be cosmetic.  Comes with a mesh stuff sack and in original box.

Camping Gaz Camp Bistro - £10 £5  SOLD
Product page

Brand new, has never been opened never mind used!  Comes in a handy black plastic carry case.

Backpacking Light Honey Stove - £22  SOLD
Product page

The amazing multi-fuel, multi-cooker, multi-pot Honey Stove, designed and sold by Backpacking Light.  I've used this as both a wood burning stove and with a Trangia burner and it works excellently.  It hasn't seen all that much use, so is in very good condition.  One thing to note is that the stainless steel does discolour slightly when used as a wood burning stove, so you can expect the bottom grill that the wood is burnt on to be discoloured along with the inner side walls.  Perfectly naturally side affect of burning wood, it does get a bit sooty but its a joy cooking with wood that you've collected.  Also makes a really great hobo stove later in the evening!  Supplied with original instructions in a Cordura wallet.

Trangia Burner - £7  SOLD
Product page

The classic, timeless and bomb proof meths burner!  I've ended up with two of these and I'm selling the one that has seen the least use.  It's only about a year old and has been used a handful of times.  Very good condition, again it has some slight discolouration around the burner holes from being used but nothing you wouldn't expect.  Seal in the screw cap is in very good condition, comes with the simmer ring as well.

Trekmates Trigger Lock Walking Poles - £15  SOLD
Product page

Lightweight 3 section walking poles with a neat "trigger lock" system to adjust the pole length, similar to that used by Black Diamond.  They have an EVA foam handle and a foam padded strap for maximum comfort.  Very good condition, I haven't used them all that much and often they've just been carried in my rucksack to use for tarp pitching.  There are a couple of small cosmetic scrapes to the paint work of the shafts and some light scuffing to the plastic on the top of one of the poles.  The plastic surrounding the tungsten tip has some scuffs and scrapes but this is perfectly normal from walking over rocky terrain.

Alpkit Slim Airic Self-Inflating Mat - £20  SOLD
Product page

Full length self-inflating mat in Lego Blue.  I've used this on several trips and its a fantastic full length mat, but to be honest I've got used to sleeping on a 3/4 length mat now so it gets little use.  Again, excellent condition and comes supplied in a stuff sack with repair kit (never used).  The Slim Airic has now been replaced and seems to sit half way between the new Airo 180 and the Base 180.  Weight is approx 750g.

Alpkit Gamma Head Torch - £7  SOLD
Product page

Awesome head torch, just unbeatable for value.  Recently reviewed by TGO Magazine who awarded it 4* and "Recommended".  Still using the original batteries that were supplied with the head torch so it hasn't been used for all that many hours.  This one is in the "Desert Camo" colour.  Only selling as I know there is a Petzl head torch in my Christmas stocking ;)  
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010 by suspectmonkey »

billy backpack

• Has Camped With NI-Wild
  • Sr. Poster
Re: For Sale: Christmas Clear Out!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010 »

Looks like Kat is gettin a big sparkly present !  ;)

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010 »

Looks like Kat is gettin a big sparkly present !  ;)

I know, desperate times!  Very high maintenance at this time of year ;D

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010 »

Just the Camping Gaz Bistro and the Trekmates Trigger Lock walking poles still left for sale.

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010 »

Walking poles are now sold, just the Camping Gaz Bistro left and I've dropped the price to a fiver.  I'm sure your nearest and dearest would just love a Camp Bistro in their Christmas stocking!  And if theres a power cut over Christmas you can save the day and still cook the turkey dinner :D

suspectmonkey

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Poster
    • Jon Patterson Outdoors
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010 »

All sold now, thanks folks :)

Bottom Sponsor

Recent Topics

Lough Shannagh by Scribble [March 22, 2023]

Where has everyone gone? by Glenn B [March 02, 2023]

Hello 👋🏻 by RedLeader [March 13, 2022]